Anybody catch the documentary on him tonight on hbo? Just putting it on now

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Anybody catch the documentary on him tonight on hbo? Just putting it on now

I was going to but fukk all that, he's involved so they're going to portray him as some sympathetic figure.

This scumbag should still be in jail. The nerve of this fukking crook to have a documentary made about him - he's a degenerate gambler who got in too deep and decided to scam to clear his debt. fukk him.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I was going to but fukk all that, he's involved so they're going to portray him as some sympathetic figure.

This scumbag should still be in jail. The nerve of this fukking crook to have a documentary made about him - he's a degenerate gambler who got in too deep and decided to scam to clear his debt. fukk him.
Yeah thats pretty much what it was.

The way he framed it was he was always going to pay those people back, that he even paid people out of his personal money if he screwed up, etc. So he took the hedgefund money to pay back other people but was planning on using their money for its intended purpose eventually. Fbi guy on there says yeah, thats fraud.

Then throw in him being molested as a kid and its trying to paint him in a better light.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

The way he framed it was he was always going to pay those people back, that he even paid people out of his personal money if he screwed up, etc. So he took the hedgefund money to pay back other people but was planning on using their money for its intended purpose eventually. Fbi guy on there says yeah, thats fraud.

Then throw in him being molested as a kid and its trying to paint him in a better light.

I mean, I'm not without sin - I know people can change their mindset and turn their lives around because I've done it. Perhaps Craig has; I don't know the man personally. Do I believe this guy - after 1 year in Club Fed - turned over a new leaf? Absolutely fukking not. He's trying to clean his image up so he can get back on the radio with minimal backlash and it seems to be working.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Yeah, when I watched the trailer I got that impression. They are really making Carton out to be more popular than he actually was as well.
Conflicted about watching the doc but I think I will since I have heard him on the radio for years. He probably doesn't deserve this type of thing but it's not my decision. HBO desperate for content I guess.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Homie said he borrowed or gambled over 30 mil of somebody elses money

It was cool but it was a fluff piece and try to make him bigger than what he was....

I was more surprised his best friend is some weird ass black dude, and not al dukes powder looking right wing ass
Iol Al Dukes. He's funny but I bet he's a weirdo off air.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Homie said he borrowed or gambled over 30 mil of somebody elses money

It was cool but it was a fluff piece and try to make him bigger than what he was....

I was more surprised his best friend is some weird ass black dude, and not al dukes powder looking right wing ass
Yeah when he was talking about jumping off that ski lift I was like :aicmon:

But then black dude verified it and I was like :wtb:..ok...ok..if you say so breh ill take your word for it

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
https://nypost.com/2020/10/20/craig...nt-evan-roberts-favorite-to-partner-with-him/

Craig Carton is expected to sign a contract shortly that will bring him back to WFAN in afternoon drive time, The Post has learned.

At the moment, Evan Roberts is the leading candidate to be Carton’s partner, according to sources. He is the only internal candidate FAN is considering. Carton and WFAN’s hope is to begin his new program next month, according to sources.

The Carton move will result in the retirement of Joe Benigno as a full-time host. Benigno has talked about retiring for years, so it is not being forced upon him.

Carton, 51, has not been on FAN in more than three years after being arrested and convicted of a fraud scheme in which he misallocated loans to repay gambling debts. He spent a year in prison and owes his debtors nearly $5 million.

FAN is still searching for Carton’s partner for his afternoon ratings battle with the current sports radio leader, ESPN New York’s “The Michael Kay Show.”

Roberts is currently Benigno’s partner in the afternoons. The two replaced Mike Francesa.

FAN’s first option was to recreate the Carton-ex-athlete dynamic that he had with Boomer Esiason. FAN executives looked into former Jet Willie Colon. Besides a relaxed demeanor and his playing experience, Colon is a big Yankees fan. FAN executives always emphasize baseball in their shows. Colon, though, is unavailable as he is in the midst of a multi-year deal with Barstool Sports.

FAN discussed Carton’s good friend, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, but it is not going to happen for a variety of reasons, one of which is it would be too political of a choice. It is unclear if Christie would really be interested, though he did guest host on FAN in the past.

FAN wants to diversify its mostly white male roster, according to sources, and has plans to address the situation over time. Kazeem Famuyide is on their radar for future shows as someone with potential. Famuyide, 33, has done work for many outlets, including SNY, Slam and The Post. :leon:

As for Carton, one source said he will sign his contract in the “next 24 hours,” which will begin the next moves. The 67-year-old Benigno, who has had a long, successful career from caller to afternoon drive, has spoken repeatedly about retiring. While he wouldn’t be on daily, he could still do spot shows.

Roberts, 37, will continue on the daily lineup, even if it were not as Carton’s partner in afternoons. If FAN decides on a different route in drive time, Roberts will return to middays, according to sources. He very well could replace Marc Malusis and partner with Maggie Gray. Gray’s future is not set. FAN, according to sources, wants her to return, but no deal has been agreed to yet. Her contract is up at the end of the year.

In the mornings, FAN has not considered putting Carton back with Esiason. Esiason and Carton’s replacement, Gregg Giannotti, have continued to be atop the ratings and just extended their CBS Sports Network TV deal.

In the afternoons, Carton and FAN know they will have to manage Carton’s admitted gambling addiction against the constant advertisements for betting sites. But whomever FAN chooses as his partner, the program will revolve around Carton. After a year in prison and three years, Carton is back.

This has all been anticipated since Chris Oliviero returned to oversee FAN in May. Sources said Oliviero, before taking the job, asked Entercom executives if he could bring back Carton, if it made sense.

Carton and Oliviero have a long history together, dating back to Oliviero being Carton’s producer two decades ago. Oliviero and FAN VP Mark Chernoff teamed Carton with Esiason to replace Don Imus.

Now they have signed off on Carton’s comeback.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I figured Boomer wasn't fukking with Carton after that stunt he pulled. They probably would've got rid of Gio if Boomer was down to recreate B+C

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Misallocating loans"...:unimpressed:
https://nypost.com/2020/10/27/joe-benigno-is-retiring-from-wfan-amid-craig-carton-return/

SPORTS

Joe Benigno is officially retiring from WFAN
By Andrew Marchand

October 27, 2020 | 7:51pm

joe-benigno.jpg

Joe BenignoGetty Images
The dream run from caller to drive-time host will come to an end for Joe Benigno on Wednesday when he officially announces his retirement, paving the way for Craig Carton’s return to WFAN to team with Evan Roberts.

FAN previewed that there will be an announcement during the 5 p.m. hour of Wednesday afternoon’s program. Sources told The Post that the news will be Benigno calling it a career.

In recent years, Benigno, 67, has talked repeatedly about putting down his headphones and moving to Florida.

SEE ALSO
Craig Carton's WFAN return is imminent: Here's the favorite to be his new partner
During his best performances, Benigno’s passion, that began as a caller, “Joe from Saddle River,” has always been his calling card. For years, on overnights, his opening rants on a Jets or Mets loss were classic.

He and Roberts had a lot of success in middays, though, their short run in afternoons was not a strong one in part due to the pandemic and because of the popularity of “The Michael Kay Show.”

To combat that, WFAN is bringing back Carton to team with Roberts. Carton was last on the FAN three years ago. He served a year in a federal prison after misallocating loans to pay off gambling debts.

Carton is expected to join the station soon, as Benigno’s exit will become official on Wednesday.