COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Daps
The test looks worse than the virus

Honestly, it’s supposed to be a little uncomfortable. It’s a difference between swabbing the nose vs getting a true nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal sample. These tests are only as reliable as the specimen that gets collected and processed and can be subject to user error if not done adequately creating potential for false negstive tests. It’s what kinda worries me about expansion of testing and people performing this stuff at home.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
All of this shyt happening is going to be justification for automation taking a lot of jobs in the near future. We are the weak link.

A lot of companies won’t get caught off guard like this again

yeah people don't understand

1. Many of these retailers that closed like H&M etc. will prob see that hey whats the point in all these stores, staff, overhead when so many people are now buying online.

2. Everyone talking about my company letting me work from home yay great, but if you can work from home for 80k, then so can suresh in india for 7k and mahlang in phillipines for 5k :stopitslime:.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Cool, my concern is what their back-end capacity is. The kit is just a vial you spit in probably and FedEx to them. How long they hold it for PCR probably depends on the demand which I expect will be huge. I won't be shocked if the fine print says 2-3 weeks for a response.

Everyone has to realize the test bottleneck has multiple parts. There are the PCR chemicals for the test, there are the viral RNA extraction chemicals, there are the PCR machines to give you a result. There is also a need for skilled personnel.

Samples will be shipped to partner labs with overnight delivery, secure digital results will be available online within 48 hours of the lab receiving the sample,

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Stay strong and save heavy breh :francis:
How is a person that had 15% of their salary decreased supposed to “save heavy” ?

The rule of thumb is to save 10% every pay check if possible??? It’s too late to save. We were in a boom and people were spending like it was all sweet.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I’m issuing a Safer at Home emergency order — ordering all residents of the City of Los Angeles to stay inside their residences, and immediately limit all movement outside of their homes beyond what is absolutely essential. We’re taking this urgent action to limit the spread of COVID-19 and save lives in our communities. The order is in effect at 11:59 p.m. tonight until March 31, except for workers of impacted businesses who have an additional 24 hours. More at Coronavirus.LACity.org