COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
They better not shut down or give me credentials to got to work cause I'm working a government job and I'm making a killing and they said I can continue coming in cause it's only me and one other girl coming in. I need my paper.

Especially if they freeze rent and send that corona check :wow:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359

at home tests available Monday for $135, should be covered by your insurance.

Cool, my concern is what their back-end capacity is. The kit is just a vial you spit in probably and FedEx to them. How long they hold it for PCR probably depends on the demand which I expect will be huge. I won't be shocked if the fine print says 2-3 weeks for a response.

Everyone has to realize the test bottleneck has multiple parts. There are the PCR chemicals for the test, there are the viral RNA extraction chemicals, there are the PCR machines to give you a result. There is also a need for skilled personnel.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BTW, day 3 of the CA Bay Area lock down and traffic is literally the same as before where I'm at (Pittsburg/Antioch).

Does this look like an area under a "shelter in place" order?
:jbhmm:

First photo is from 630am, the other two are from 330pm. And this is without the usual school traffic.

2Zq0K8f.jpg

t2RHbZy.jpg

2Zq0K8f.jpg

Target parking lot is turnt too. It's like the hangout spot. People going for 1-2 items and chilling in the Starbucks INSIDE that's open.

Don't know what to make of this, your thoughts?

We gonna fukk up our chance to stamp this thing out without having 10,000s maybe higher of casualties

the timeline needs be similar to the below, steps 2 and 3 are looking promising but as a country we fukking up the simplest one, which is Step 1, cuz we can’t STAY THE FUKK HOME!

1. March through June

Regional NPIs(non-pharmaceutical interventions)

basically what China did and what S. Korea is doing now. Travel restriction, aggressive testing, contact tracing, quarantines, and social distancing. This will help mitigate the problem that we couldn’t contain. If we can control the pace in which people get this (because it’s so transmissive that people absolutely will get it) it will slow the exponential curve and prevent our medical systems from getting overwhelmed. Also, decreases the likelihood of medical professionals getting exposed. 3 months of this buys us time.

2. July-Dec
Implementation of effective treatment methods

Ease up on the NPIs some so the economy doesn’t complete go into a standstill but rely on better treatment methods. As we better understand the disease that SARS cov 2 causes, we will hopefully establish consistent effective treatment methods to lower fatality rates in critical cases and prevent serious cases from becoming critical cases. People still will die but if it looks closer to S. Korea’s numbers of a 0.6% case fatality rate and as we develop better treatment and understand the diseases pathology maybe this even goes lower to around 0.4-0.5%. This Can’t happen without step one though because if healthcare workers are getting sick and are overwhelmed our healthcare system won’t have the capacity to treat serious/critical patients. We are already having success with Zinc, hydroxychloroquine, and the antibiotic azithromycin.

3. Jan 2021-
Mass production of a vetted vaccine

hopefully a vaccine is on the verge. Between the vaccine, regions developing herd immunity and effective treatments.. we limit the number of cases and lower the case mortality rate to around .3% across the board.

there’s a lot that can go wrong along the way however.

but we can’t even get step one right so, if we look like Italy in 10-14 days

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
its not that bad
It’s now approximately 4 p.m. and my private test room is available. After another 10 minutes, a doctor enters and again discusses the information I’ve provided while making more notes. He explained the nasal swab will be “unpleasant,” but quick if I don’t move.

After another five minutes, a nurse enters with what looks like an extra-long, five-inch “Q-tip”-like swab she pulls out of a sealed package. Then, I’m asked to lift my head up and in it goes. It’s definitely not fun or comfortable, but fast.