COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I talked to my mom last night. I've mentioned it before but for those who haven't seen my previous post about discussions with my mom, she is a doctor (anesthesiologist).

So I brought up the idea with her last night I've seen some people float around here which is to let all the young people go about their lives and only quarantine 60+ older people and asked her if she thought that was a good idea. My mom is super passionate about anything medical related and got annoyed and upset and basically told me that is not a good idea and half-measures would have been useful back when we first saw this come to the US but since we now see it is beyond containment in the US a "hard reset" (her words) is the only solution now.

I told her that the numbers for younger people in Italy was below 1% in death rates and again she got annoyed and said yeah but we can't compare the United States to Italy because our younger people have way more comorbidities like Obesity and other health issues than most places in Europe. Didn't think about that and she is right. So comparing Italian numbers to ours is not useful. She says she has seen people in their 30s who kidneys and shyt are wrecked because of things like Diabetes and we have this higher due to our obesity and health issues. So due to this, our younger people are probably going to get hit harder.

She is the one who texted me that NYtimes article this morning to highlight why what I was talking about last night was the wrong way to think.

Diabetes and obesity are all under lying dieseases. Your mom aint saying shyt new that we dont already know. Age dont mean shyt if u have issues with your health.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Day 284

We made it to the log cabin under the darkness of night. Thankfully getting here from the city was fairly uneventful. There are much more dead now than living. About 10 miles out we saw from our cover in the woods a small group of 4-5 including a kid. They were sitting around a makeshift fire pit, eating the charred remains of a horse. They are too close to the cabin. In a couple of days time, after we are settled in, Alan and I will head back to where we saw them. We’ll invite them to join our group. If they refuse...we’ll kill them. All of them. We simply cannot take any chances. Humans haven proven to be far worse than the virus.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Any updates on number of tested vs number of positives? I don't need any more confirmed cases updates

No. And the issues of this is that those who are asymptomatic do not meet the minimum requirements of being tested. The CDC is fukking retarded when it comes to testing. Its like u have to be rich or a pro athlete to get tested without showing symptoms.

I work at a damn hospital so im on the front lines. I requested to get tested since we do have 4 cases in our hospital that are positive in which one of them ive had direct care of. They wont allow it unless u have syptoms which is STUPID as there been thlusands reports of people being positive with no symptoms. How do i know i aint got it and im around my fam? Every health care worker should get tested to prevent further spread but these idiots and their guide lines... :camby:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
shyt just got real here in nyc, cases doubled up to 4100 in one day and together with the medical boat trump sent we only have 4500 icu beds. Now they reporting this shyt can stay airborne from an infected persons sneeze or cough up to 3 hrs in the air smh.

People are still out here moving around like nothing this shyt is gonna be chaos soon, with our transit system and nyc having 8 million ppl still moving around its going to be nuts
again, testing is just revealing the cases already out there, not NEW cases. Assume everybody already has is. it's obviously been passed around the country for months now. People keep thinking it's spreading, it's already here. It's been here.