COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I talked to my mom last night. I've mentioned it before but for those who haven't seen my previous post about discussions with my mom, she is a doctor (anesthesiologist).

So I brought up the idea with her last night I've seen some people float around here which is to let all the young people go about their lives and only quarantine 60+ older people and asked her if she thought that was a good idea. My mom is super passionate about anything medical related and got annoyed and upset and basically told me that is not a good idea and half-measures would have been useful back when we first saw this come to the US but since we now see it is beyond containment in the US a "hard reset" (her words) is the only solution now.

I told her that the numbers for younger people in Italy was below 1% in death rates and again she got annoyed and said yeah but we can't compare the United States to Italy because our younger people have way more comorbidities like Obesity and other health issues than most places in Europe. Didn't think about that and she is right. So comparing Italian numbers to ours is not useful. She says she has seen people in their 30s who kidneys and shyt are wrecked because of things like Diabetes and we have this higher due to our obesity and health issues. So due to this, our younger people are probably going to get hit harder.

She is the one who texted me that NYtimes article this morning to highlight why what I was talking about last night was the wrong way to think.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tenet, could you send me this link too, I would like to share with my mother.

Also, my brother got his results back yesterday and tested negative!

They also need to start including hospitalization rates in this number too because that is often ignored and again the overwhelming of the hospital system is one of the main concerns. Also, what is the definition of "recovered".

What I'm read from accounts of people who don't die but deal with it is that its taking a long time to recover to 100% but are well enough to walk around slightly. Posted about a 50-year-old black man who is "recovering" but he complains that he still has to walk around with a walker and oxygen because of the body aches and breathing issues. If that is considered "recovered' that is not what most people have in mind I imagine.

With the “recovered” definition, there’s probably some variance but China was defining it as
1. improvement in Lung function/cough
2. Two negative Nasal-pharyngeal swabs, 24 hours apart
3. No fever over a 10 day period

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yeah breh, 3 separate friends have gone belly up in the last 2 weeks. The last friend was yesterday and he is a partner of my research firm. The virus we can conquer in a year or so but the economy is the bigger problem. The Fed has thrown unbelievable amounts of money at this cause we have the same data as they do at our firm and the economy is a real problem.

People need to stay their assess home and just relax the longer this goes on the worst this will be. Capitalism can't function without sustained periods of profit for a prolonged period of time.

3 months some
6 months not likely
12 months impossible

The longer this goes on and the longer these invincibles people talk about it doesn't affect me while transmitting the virus the worst we are off.

Either everyone starts wearing a mask or the federal and state government puts in a mandatory stay home for a few weeks so there can be containment or this goes on and on. A recession would come and go if quarantined for a while but that is okay we can live through recessions. Not easy but it's been done many times.

But the longer no revenue comes in for corporations it becomes not a worst-case scenario but a reality where depression will ensue.

Don't think folk are ready to start even entertaining the thought of that yet

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
shyt just got real here in nyc, cases doubled up to 4100 in one day and together with the medical boat trump sent we only have 4500 icu beds. Now they reporting this shyt can stay airborne from an infected persons sneeze or cough up to 3 hrs in the air smh.

People are still out here moving around like nothing this shyt is gonna be chaos soon, with our transit system and nyc having 8 million ppl still moving around its going to be nuts