COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
tenor.gif

Dozens of people from their 50s to their 90s have died in the United States after contracting the novel coronavirus and the death toll continues rising.

At least 112 people have died since the first US case of the coronavirus was reported in January and the virus has spread to all states, the District of Columbia and some territories.
While the majority were treated at hospitals, a woman in Washington died at home.
A couple in Indiana infected with the virus could not be together when one of them died. As they were hospitalized, they used iPads to see each other and a nurse stayed with one of them before dying, according to Dr. Ram Yeleti, chief physician executive with Community Health Network.

The majority of people who have died were in their 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. The youngest were in their early or mid-50s.

Many lived in nursing homes or other facilities
The deadliest cluster so far has been linked to a nursing home in Kirkland, Washington. More than 20 people who lived there and someone who visited the facility have died.
People who lived in other long-term care facilities in Washington, Florida and Kansas contracted the virus and died.

Many had other health problems
Diabetes, emphysema and heart problems were among the pre-existing conditions that some people suffered before they were diagnosed with coronavirus.

CALIFORNIA: 14
- A patient in Placer County who had underlying health conditions was the first coronavirus-related death in the state.
The person, described as elderly, was likely exposed while traveling February 11-21 on a Princess cruise ship that was going from San Francisco to Mexico, according to Placer County Public Health. The patient had been in isolation at Kaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center.
- An "older adult" woman who was hospitalized for a respiratory illness died March 9 in Santa Clara County.
- A woman in her 60s died in Santa Clara County. The woman was hospitalized for several weeks and is believed to have contracted the virus through community transmission, the county's health department said.
- A resident of Sacramento County who had underlying health conditions and was in an assisted living facility, the county public health department said. A county official told CNN the resident was in their 90s.
- A woman in her 60s who was visiting friends died in Los Angeles County. She had a history of extensive travel, including a long layover in South Korea, according to Barbara Ferrer, director of public health for Los Angeles County.
- A person was reported dead in San Mateo County on March 15.
- A Sacramento County resident who was older than 70 and suffered from underlying health conditions.

A man in his 60s died in San Benito County on March 16. He had traveled to Thailand and had an underlying health condition.

- A 77-year-old man linked to an assisted living facility in Broward County died. He had "significant" underlying medical problems, health officials said.

A 58-year-old who lived in Orleans Parish died. The patient, who had an underlying medical condition, was hospitalized at Touro Infirmary Hospital and Medical Center.

A man in his 90s died after being hospitalized at Hackensack University Medical Center.

A 69-year-old man from Bergen County who was treated at Hackensack University Medical Center died March 10. He had a history of diabetes, hypertension, atrial fibrillation, gastrointestinal bleeding and emphysema, said Judith Persichilli, the state's health commissioner.

NEW YORK: 15
- An 82-year-old woman with emphysema died in a New York City hospital.
- A 79-year-old woman had been suffering from heart failure and lung disease before contracting the virus. She died in a New York City hospital.
- A 78-year-old man with multiple pre-existing conditions died in a New York City hospital.
- A 56-year-old man with diabetes died in a New York City hospital.
- A 53-year-old woman with diabetes and heart disease died in a New York City hospital.

Here's what we know about the 100 coronavirus deaths in the US - CNN

As a black man you have a higher chance of being gunned down than dying of corona

---

Superstar
Daps

:hhh:

Besides these kids being stupid, Jesus Christ all those people look unhealthy in general.

This is exactly why it's a not recession coming but a depression. Corporations cant work without profits the longer these idiots are out there spreading this it will be impossible for America to put a lid on it. A corporation without 5 to 6 months of revenue is toast.

Also this notion that it just kills the elder so young people will be fine don't understand they are keeping this virus alive. They are the main transmitters of this.

Yeah, I said it a depression!

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This is exactly why it's a not recession coming but a depression. Corporations cant work profits the longer these idiots are out there spreading this it will impossible for America to put a lid on it. A corporation without 5 to 6 months of revenue is toast.

Yeah, I said it a depression!

a great depression will lead to a major war
:lupe:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
One major bank and smaller credit union located in northeast Ohio has made the switch to drive-thru only service, effectively shutting down branches inside retail stores and so on.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Said it a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't be surprised I had it.
I was sick in a way I never was. Sick for a whole month. Went through bouts of severity. It only went away for good last week. Constant dry cough and I remember one night I was coughing so bad I only slept for two hours. First time I ever had something like that.
A lot of people in my area were sick too. Just calling it the Carolina Crud. I had all the symptoms. The fever, the difficulty breathing, body ache, tiredness. Difficulty breathing was bad enough I had to use an inhaler for a couple of days. That was in mid-December. The dry cough last for nearly a month. Happened right before the basketball league I was playing in kicked off. My cardio was all kinds of fukked up once the season started.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
A lot of people in my area were sick too. Just calling it the Carolina Crud. I had all the symptoms. The fever, the difficulty breathing, body ache, tiredness. Difficulty breathing was bad enough I had to use an inhaler for a couple of days. That was in mid-December.

https://www.journalnow.com/news/loc...cle_f102e34e-afbb-5b32-85ba-09477e2ca549.html

wouldn't be shocked if many of those folks who died prob had corona virus but since it wasn't being tested