COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Cuomo is a Democrat that doesnt like Trump.

Im not a fan of Trump...but im not going to irrationally shyt on him because these are odd times.

Democrats want people freaking out because it looks bad for Trump...and Repubs are trying to downplay it because its better for them and the economy.

Dont choose sides...all them folks are looking out for themselves.

Thats facts though...
...most people wont be affected by this shyt.
Im seeing healthy 20 something freaking out because they have a runny nose.

People need to stay calm

"The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party" is a fact ?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They might never open back up either.

They were already struggling and planning on closing many retails across the country. It wouldn't surprise me if they take such a hit from this that they end up having to become an online retailer and closing up shop all around the country next year.

The unfortunate part about it is that Macy’s is really the last major big box retailer that a lot of these malls have now. Without it, they are definitely going to be put even more in a bind.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
From the Financial Times:

Rise of imported cases prompts officials to tighten restrictions on new arrivals

The number of coronavirus cases has spiked across Asia, crushing hopes that the region had contained the outbreak. Officials in South Korea, Taiwan and parts of China and south-east Asia are rushing through new measures after a second wave of new infections following weeks of declines.

Experts say the sudden increase in cases has revealed the limits of both China’s sweeping lockdown of citizens and of the massive public testing and social distancing campaigns rolled out across Asia. But it also highlights growing anxieties about new cases coming from abroad. The number of so-called imported infections has risen sharply as people flee the escalating coronavirus outbreak in Europe.

“What many people hadn’t recognised is that it is only a temporary success, it is not a permanent success,” said Ben Cowling, a professor of epidemiology at the University of Hong Kong. “There is a challenge to containment by the increasing number of imported infections in all of these locations at the moment from Europe, but in the future it could be from other parts of the world as well,” he added.

In South Korea, which has suffered Asia’s worst outbreak outside China, the emergence of new clusters and the risk of imported cases has rattled officials. Authorities in Daegu — South Korea’s fourth-largest city where mass testing and isolation had led to a big reduction in new cases — are now increasing inspections at high-risk facilities after the emergence of new clusters at nursing homes and churches. “We believe the next two to three weeks will be very crucial,” said Yoon Tae-ho, a senior government health official.

Taiwan is closing its borders to practically all foreigners and intensifying quarantine measures on its own citizens. The moves come after officials accelerated efforts this week to identify and test Taiwanese citizens who had travelled abroad and seen a doctor for flu-like symptoms on their return.

In Hong Kong, the number of cases climbed to 168 on March 17 from 116 on March 9, and almost 90 per cent of those new patients had travelled recently. Health officials reported 14 new cases on Wednesday, the highest registered in a single day and all but one came from overseas. Overseas students have rushed home as the virus spread across Europe.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
They just added salons and barbershops to the officially closed list here in Ohio. Feel bad for my bro. Nicca ain't got no other kinda source of income and his finance ain't bringin' in bank like that to float them with how long this can possibly go on. Iono why they wouldn't just let shops rock and impose a no more than 10 people in the shop rule or some shyt. Nicca finna have make some house calls or sum'n.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
"The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party" is a fact ?
kind of.
CNN, MSNBC are obviously left leaning.

Same way Fox gave Obama no love.

Its hard for people to see when they're in the middle of it, and take a side.
I remember when Obama was in office and some of the people I knew/know (from business) would bring up shyt Obama said/did I never heard of on mainstream sites...but were big deals on right publications because they were constantly looking to attack him.

Like I said...always try to remain neutral, because at the end of the day they are looking to control you some kind of way.

I refuse to fall in love w/ any politician.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm currently in the Bay Area where we are in lockdown, and things here feel odd. Life seems to be at standstill, being at home for another 3 weeks is going to be exhausting. My guess is within the next couple of days the whole country will be in a lockdown, basically what Italian is doing right now, because taking the approach on a state by state basis doesn't make any sense.

I'm actually enjoying this downtime tbh.