COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

The fact of the matter is...who gives a shyt?

Both sides on this unimportant declaration of what to call a virus is stupid on both sides. People so caught up in the self-righteous virtue signaling to worry about people calling it Wuhan virus or whatever the fukk and people who think making sure it's called the Chinese flu in order to take attention off the failures of this administration initial handling of this are both retarded.

It's like having a house in the process of burning down and two people outside bickering about where the fire initially started instead of working to put out the fire.

Who. Gives. A. Fuuuck.

Both groups need to jump off a bridge.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I wouldn’t be shocked if many of these stores come back as a only online presence

H&M closed up here in Canada and Zara if online sales are good or great I could see them just adopting a online model with a few stores

They might never open back up either.

They were already struggling and planning on closing many retails across the country. It wouldn't surprise me if they take such a hit from this that they end up having to become an online retailer and closing up shop all around the country next year.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
By the way also, the constant claims of this being overblown by who I assume are Americans or even claims of a hoax, they really come from people who have the privilege live somewhere that are 2 to 3 months behind other countries like Iran and Italy as far as severity. Not to mention it's STILL GETTING WORSE in those two countries.

The reason why people in the states are very adamant to treat it very seriously is because we don't want to end up like those two countries and therefore it's imperative to do the utmost to minimize the spread and impact before it does.

When 400+ people die in one day like yesterday in Italy starts to happen in the states I wonder if we'll hear this same trope. I wonder if you transplanted these people into Italy would people still be talking about how it's not a big deal or would their perspective of the danger change?

Given our government is dragging it's feet and has been until arguably maybe this week does nothing to convince me that we are not on the same track as those two countries. Also remember we have a bigger population and we have a unique population of individualism obsessed and selfish citizens that will make minimizing exposure even harder.

New York added 1000+ cases yesterday alone. That is a prime example of an exponential increase which is a nightmare scenario. Trend that out into the future and next week will probably be terrible. Not fear mongering, that's an objective observation of data trends.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
By the way also, the constant claims of this being overblown by who I assume are Americans or even claims of a hoax, they really come from people who have the privilege live somewhere that are 2 to 3 months behind other countries like Iran and Italy as far as severity. Not to mention it's STILL GETTING WORSE in those two countries.

The reason why people in the states are very adamant to treat it very seriously is because we don't want to end up like those two countries and therefore it's imperative to do the utmost to minimize the spread and impact before it does.

When 400+ people die in one day like yesterday in Italy starts to happen in the states I wonder if we'll hear this same trope. I wonder if you transplanted these people into Italy would people still be talking about how it's not a big deal or would their perspective of the danger change?

Given our government is dragging it's feet and has been until arguably maybe this week does nothing to convince me that we are not on the same track as those two countries. Also remember we have a bigger population and we have a unique population of individualism obsessed and selfish citizens that will make minimizing exposure even harder.

New York added 1000+ cases yesterday alone. That is a prime example of an exponential increase which is a nightmare scenario. Trend that out into the future and next week will probably be terrible. Not fear mongering, that's an objective observation of data trends.

Meh they are just testing more

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I’d say a large number of these increases are due to the fact that they are actually testing people now. They were not doing it previously. Folk been saying for a while that once we get more tests, the numbers will spike exponentially. That’s what’s happening now.

More folk sitting at home and paying attention so they’re losing their minds.

Last edited: