COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I feel bad and want this thing to end and nobody else but I'm loving the opportunity to work from home and make some money. Markets going crazy this week. Every country losing money. It's crazy. I'm not worried about the stock market tho cuz it can bounce back and better to keep calm now and load up on the bottom if possible so likely get more shares. I bet by the end of the year it'll be back to normal or higher. Just gotta take it one day at a time. Gonna be a lot of value once this whole thing is over.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Trump: Say it again

Yamiche: A White House...

Trump: Just the term

Yamiche: A White House official was reported to have said Kung Flu

Trump: Kung Flu, I wonder who said that?

Yamiche: A White House...

Trump: Kung Flu, it came from there.

:gucci::dwillhuh:
They gotta worry less about what it's called and more about how to resolve it.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Does anyone know how to set up dual screen from my laptop to the TV PM me.

I have dual screens at work and it's hard working from home with 1 screen

Please help
Your tv connected to Wi-Fi? On the main desktop on laptop right click and go to display properties and should give you the option to connect to a wireless display.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Been saying this likely ends up around 1% hopefully lower, the amount of people who have this is probably mind-blowing

The problem is what happens when a "flu" sweeps through that killed 1%.

Read the paper and look at the projections depending on various scenarios and responses.

From what it sounds like, it we get 9/11 numbers it will be a good job by the goverment.

Yea I know. I think it’ll be double that tbh

Reading this paper, on the "best data" they have, assuming the virus is not seasonal and we do nothing....2.2 million deaths in the USA.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

Obviously though we're already not doing "nothing". The paper shows tables that suggest a whole range of scenarios and reactions and variables. Assuming the lower end of infection rates, the paper says that if we isolate all positive cases, keep their household members under home quarantine, close schools and for the most part close universities, and practice social distancing fairly well, and all those measures are in place for 50-60% of the next two years, it could keep fatalities down to about 30,000 or so. The degree to which we fail to do each of those things increases the total fatalities, though since we've clearly shown that "do nothing" isn't an option, at least according to the paper pretty much all scenarios max out at 500,000 or so fatalities at most.

Again, that assumes the virus isn't affected by climate. I don't how the numbers will change if the virus disappears for the summer and then roars back in the winter.

edit: And of course new treatments and/or vaccines that reduce the fatality rate will also make a big impact.