COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I can work from home if I wanted to, but I’m here in the office. 4 of my team members are home including our manager. I don’t have monitors at home so it’ll be a bytch to work from home just off my laptop.

lucky for me I only live 3 miles away from my office so I don’t mind coming in. It’s slowed down noticeably as well. But here I am on the coli typing this, listening to music, and my work is up to date.

stay safe coli bro’s

This is exactly my situation. But I'm working from home

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Some people are advertizing this as the study with the best access to numbers so far. They're using some pretty good data to estimate that around 40-50% of cases were not identified due to lack of symptoms, mild symptoms, or other misses. They went deep into China's hospital records and are looking like this.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

They're saying 95% confidence that the fatality rate is somewhere between 0.4% and 1.4%, though of course it depends on the age of the particular population and other factors. Here is the chart of expected hospitalization rates and fatality rates for the UK context.

xUvIX5N.jpg

It still appears to be worse than the flu for everyone other than kids - you don't 1 out of every 30 folk in their 30s getting hospitalized from a simple case of the flu. But it's really around 50 that the hospitalization, critical care, and fatality rates really start to shoot up.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I know there’s been a lot of talk of our government allowing this to happen to place more restrictions on our lives. It would be wild af if the amount of deaths is similar to 9/11
:francis:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Some people are advertizing this as the study with the best access to numbers so far. They're using some pretty good data to estimate that around 40-50% of cases were not identified due to lack of symptoms, mild symptoms, or other misses. They went deep into China's hospital records and are looking like this.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

They're saying 95% confidence that the fatality rate is somewhere between 0.4% and 1.4%, though of course it depends on the age of the particular population and other factors. Here is the chart of expected hospitalization rates and fatality rates for the UK context.

xUvIX5N.jpg

It still appears to be worse than the flu for everyone other than kids - you don't 1 out of every 30 folk in their 30s getting hospitalized from a simple case of the flu. But it's really around 50 that the hospitalization, critical care, and fatality rates really start to shoot up.

Been saying this likely ends up around 1% hopefully lower, the amount of people who have this is probably mind-blowing

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I guess and I understand that to an extent...but he seems to put more importance on it than is appropriate I think. Let China say the dumbass shyt they want. No one buys it and people don't even buy they are completely honest of how much it impacted them. But this seems to be a top priority for him and outside of his supporters who only a few weeks ago probably also bought into the hoax rhetoric Trump promoted, I really doubt anyone gives a shyt that much about where it came from. At this point, its in the US and spreading within the US and I'm more worried about how he is addressing the issue in the US.
I understand...but fukk China dog.

Trump does a lot of dumb shyt...but how he handles countries like China is one of his positive points (IMO).
Obama got played in Syria/Iran and in other international situations.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Does anyone know how to set up dual screen from my laptop to the TV PM me.

I have dual screens at work and it's hard working from home with 1 screen

Please help

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps