COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The Stafford act has already been activated breh, that’s the national emergency.

got this from a new York times article

The United States government lacks the broad authority to impose the sweeping quarantine seen in China, where some 70 million people were confined in the largest such effort in history. Italy, which has a more centralized government, attempted to lock down the entire country. But in the United States neither federal nor state law contains the powers for such expansive measures, Mr. Gostin said.

In addition, the United States does not really have the logistical systems in place to guarantee the distribution of medical services, food and other necessities to people under quarantine.

people are just doing broken telephone and spreading false info

Krazy K

All Star
Daps
GOT THIS FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE .. SAME DUDE WHO TOLD ME KOBE’S PILOT WAS ARMENIAN BEFORE THE NEWS CAME OUT:

Just got this from a friend who works at one of the largest insurance companies
physician at the Clev. Clinic who just got out of a two hour briefing with the president:

“Please be advised, within 48 to 72 Hours the president will evoke what is called the Stafford act. The president will order a two week mandatory quarantine for the nation. Stock up on whatever you guys need to make sure you have a two week supply of everything. Please forward to your network.”
Just heard from a friend who's sister in law baby cousin who is a pilot for the largest airline was in the same briefing and she said in the next 48 to 72 hrs most people still won't give af

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
My point is that I don’t think this will be a long term recession. This is going to be an uncomfortable next month at least for a lot of us but I do think once we get out of it, and we will get out of it, people are going to want to spend and get out of the house and travel and go to outdoor concerts, etc. I don’t think this will be 2008 bad because the economy has been working. We’ll see though

Job losses are going to be crazy.....