COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
On another note, has there ever been a more marred/fukked film release attempt than this movie The Hunt that is now due to come out Friday (the 13th)??:mindblown::huhldup:

Box office sales are going to be non-existent for a little while

Maybe they stream films online. Pay per view.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:unimpressed:

Tests indicate coronavirus can survive in the air

March 11, 2020 - 04:38 PM EDT
Tests indicate coronavirus can survive in the air
Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%
Remaining Time -0:11
BY JOHN BOWDEN

Federally funded tests conducted by scientists from several major institutions indicated that the novel form of coronavirus behind a worldwide outbreak can survive in the air for several hours.

A study awaiting peer review from scientists at Princeton University, the University of California-Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) posted online Wednesday indicated that the COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days.

"Our results indicate that aerosol and fomite transmission of HCoV-19 is plausible, as the virus can remain viable in aerosols for 42 multiple hours and on surfaces up to days," reads the study's abstract.

The test results suggest that humans could be infected by the disease simply carried through the air or on a solid surface, even if direct contact with an infected person does not occur. That finding, if accepted, would come in stark contrast to previous media reports that suggested the virus was not easily transmittable outside of direct human contact.

And when a breh said this shizzit was possible he got banned from his own thread :mjlol: .

I still don't think this is 100% yet as it is awaiting review but the risk is there IMO.

And the reinfection question (with possible immunity overreaction storm) is still open :hhh: .

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've shifted my message to friends and other people around my age that, yes, even tho the symptoms are minor cold/flu like for young adults and people in good health... that isn't the case for our elders.

That way, they can think about things differently, because I've seen countless folks talking about taking trips and flying all over the place despite what is going on. I hope that they are mindful of their interactions with their parents, uncles, aunties and grandparents when they get back home.

I got a homie that literally just flew to LA, NYC and now to The Netherlands in the last week on some...
:dj2: shyt

Come back and expose your older loved ones to death brehs
:francis:
And a few hours later... Trump suspends all travel from Europe.

I hit him up on IG like breh stay safe...
:wow:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
coli brehs so a friend of mine is in France at the moment:francis: shes panicking because her flight to return is on sunday but after this news she gotta get out by friday:picard::picard::picard: but everything is sold out:picard:
i told her to fly to england then back to the US? is that good advice?:francis: shes freaking out:francis:

Take the Eurostar to London. Or drive.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
i don't believe china at all

One of my best friends decided to work in China this year to avoid the winter. The city he's in supposedly only has 4 cases and has the same population as Toronto, but they shut the city down from late January til now. There's still blockades blocking them from getting out of the city. They're definitely lying.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Reading the NBA Cancellation thread in the Coli forum. I can't believe how many people were just ignoring this. :snoop:

I didn't have this much interest in SARS or Swine Flu, but this one I do. Been keeping tabs on it since late January. Although I don't think this is a virus that will wipe out the population, it's still something to take very seriously.