COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can only control what you can- your family, surroundings and your environment. Bugging out about other people's reactions is not going to help the situation- you can't control their actions. Their mindset is not going to change because you want them to. In a way, they are right - you can't control fate but everyone should take whatever preventative measures they can.

People will do what they want to do but things can be done to help change people’s mentality. Look at the comments on that Joe Rogan video for example. His demographic is the type to call out the media for using scare tactics and overhyping shyt so they likely didn’t take this seriously. Rogan gets an expert to break down what we know and don’t know about it and boom, their perspective changes and they start being more mindful of what they do.

Me? I’m not telling my younger sister to panic but I’m telling her to be mindful of our parents and our aunts and uncles when it comes to how she navigates through this. Knowing that it’s less about her own risk with her being young and healthy and more about putting the people she loves at risk is already changing her mindset. She shares the same message with her friends, they share it with theirs and so on. Every little bit helps.

You’re right, we don’t want to let this stop us completely from living our lives especially with their being so much that’s unknown but the sooner we start thinking about ways to lower the risk factors, the better. And changing our mentality regarding who’s at risk is a big step

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO

After talking with some people in the medical field here in Alabama...I can say without a doubt that Alabama is cooking numbers and I wouldn't be shocked if Mississippi is doing the same thing.

They are refusing to officially test anyone if they hadn't traveled to a known infection zone even if they have all the symptoms. They will only test for Flu A or B and not the actual noval Covid-19. They are doing this to prevent having to sent them to the CDC and have "possible cases" and etc. So to get around this they are going to issue their own test via the Alabama Department of Health which they have complete control over the numbers they put out there. Shady shyt going on.

I legit got some Trump loving co-workers who are convinced this is just a hoax and no more than a regular flu that the "left" are causing a political panic over to hurt Trump. They were pissed that our job just released a "telework" exercise day saying the people at headquarters in DC are Left loving Libs that are following orders. All of the black bruhs and hispanic bros are all like :scust: at them right now.

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
fb_img_1583889196790-jpg.9546

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
You can only control what you can- your family, surroundings and your environment. Bugging out about other people's reactions is not going to help the situation- you can't control their actions. Their mindset is not going to change because you want them to. In a way, they are right - you can't control fate but everyone should take whatever preventative measures they can.

My mom and dad have a cruise in April. I told them to maybe reconsider for right now, and that there will be other cruises, but they said that this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. I did what I could do:hubie:.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
My mom and dad have a cruise in April. I told them to maybe reconsider for right now, and that there will be other cruises, but they said that this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. I did what I could do:hubie:.
That's all you can do. I don't think people are ready to put their lives on "hold". But cruise ship???!! No, that's a no no right there.
Not sure if they should go on a cruise, cruise ships are like floating toilet seats once diseases start to spread on there, Don't let them go - hide the keys, hack into their computer to cancel the tickets..I would be real concerned about being on a cruise at this time. Even in more favorable conditions, cruise ships are so enclosed and serve as a petri dish for viruses.
:lupe::damn:
The most frequently reported cruise ship outbreaks involve respiratory infections, GI infections (such as norovirus), and vaccine-preventable diseases other than influenza, such as varicella (chickenpox).
Opinion | The case against cruise ships

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

No offense, but your parents are making a terrible decision.

Silver lining is that a month from now this shyt is probably going to be even worse and they may cancel it all together.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps

Tell them to stop being so damn hardheaded and send them this:

State Department urges US citizens to avoid cruise ship travel

Getting on a cruise ship at this time is the dumbest thing you can do. Show them our responses.

The Coli saving lives. :wow:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
That's all you can do. I don't think people are ready to put their lives on "hold". But cruise ship???!! No, that's a no no right there.
Not sure if they should go on a cruise, cruise ships are like floating toilet seats once diseases start to spread on there, Don't let them go - hide the keys, hack into their computer to cancel the tickets..I would be real concerned about being on a cruise at this time. Even in more favorable conditions, cruise ships are so enclosed and serve as a petri dish for viruses.
:lupe::damn:
The most frequently reported cruise ship outbreaks involve respiratory infections, GI infections (such as norovirus), and vaccine-preventable diseases other than influenza, such as varicella (chickenpox).
Opinion | The case against cruise ships

I told them all of that. She was even a bit annoyed yesterday when I told her that my job closing the office for two weeks, and that I'm working from home. My brothers told them the same thing. Other older family members are going as well, and they're all on the same page.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
This stat will be ignored, and the fearmongering posts and threads will continue.:mjgrin:
but...that stat is wrong. Italy alone is totaling more deaths a day due to the virus. That graph must be old.

edit: It says March 9th. It must be averaging but the thing is you can't average something that is growing exponentially and hasn't even been around as long as the other disease. One, due to the newness of the disease, you'll have a lot of data points mostly from the initial onset that are low in number because it hasn't propagated as much yet and this will, in turn, bring the overall average down due to many data points being on the low end due to it being the beginning of the spread of the disease instead of a full spread already like other diseases listed. Secondly, testing is not robust enough to get a good picture of the impact in some place, such as the US.

Finally, once again, raw numbers are not the same as rate. Corona is outpacing these other disease based on RATE (I.e. the amount diagnosed vs the amount of those diagnosed that die).

You guys got to really step up your stats 101 knowledge.

Last edited: