COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Perhaps it'd be a little more reasonable to adjust it per population count...

What are Fla’s testing numbers looking like? I honestly don’t know, but if they are testing at the same rate as the highest states, then yes, the numbers are at the very least “weird”. I will say tho, med pro’s in Fla that I know, and even a couple on here are saying that even a good portion of the dr’s down there are MAGAts, and that mentality isn’t great for a fukking medical professional to have, at all!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Stupid question, stupid answer:

Viral dose

You mean "infective dose" Minimal infective dose - Wikipedia.

And no that is not the question that I asked.

The question is why the physical transfer does not work and the answer is: it does work.

Adding the following:

1. absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

2. the infectious dose has been reported as being vey low

3. we now have a 50-odd percent more infectious variety (and the one in SA which is mooted to be similarly more highly infectious)

... makes my initial statement something to consider.

Now I know I should provide links etc but yeah... people are tired of dealing with .. me too.

You are misreading the reports.

"no reported cases of" and "unlikely to happen (in practice)" means just what they say and do not imply "impossible".

the first is hard to test and the latter is highly influenced by changes in behaviour, the environment and/or changes in the virus itself - all three of which have happened to some extent (fatigue, weather, mutations).

you also need to consider just how many virions a fomite can contain when talking about "infective dose".

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It's theoretically possible but that's not thought to be the main way it's spread. If you're getting this chances are you breathed it in from someone around you that shed it rather than through touched surfaces. I mean just think about it, if you're around someone that's shedding the virus what are the odds you won't breath it in first anyway?

That's behavioural and we are talking about a ratio - between two rates. One of which mask-wearing reduces.

EDIT:

I will just add this.

1. fact A..

2. idea B derived from A.

3. idea C derived from B.

4. idea D derived from C.

why do people get stuck on 1. so much

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
You are misreading the reports.

"no reported cases of" and "unlikely to happen (in practice)" means just what they say and do not imply "impossible".

the first is hard to test and the latter is highly influenced by changes in behaviour, the environment and/or changes in the virus itself - all three of which have happened to some extent (fatigue, weather, mutations).

Yyyou also need to consider just how many virions a fomite can contain when talking about "infective dose".

Well given that there is no evidence for fomite transmission with all studies available, specifically within high contact zones like households, I'm satisfied with the practically impossible statement but if you want to play the semantics game...

A lot of stuff is theoretically possible but fomites should be the last thing on people's mind right now.

Wash your hands, follow sane hygiene practice but if you're going overboard with the gloves and alcohol gel while wearing half-assed cloth masks then you're doing it wrong.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
What are Fla’s testing numbers looking like? I honestly don’t know, but if they are testing at the same rate as the highest states, then yes, the numbers are at the very least “weird”. I will say tho, med pro’s in Fla that I know, and even a couple on here are saying that even a good portion of the dr’s down there are MAGAts, and that mentality isn’t great for a fukking medical professional to have, at all!

Even if this was the case are we suggesting they're also sweeping under the rug the vast number of deaths that should be attributed to those unreported cases?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's behavioural and we are talking about a ratio - between two rates. One of which mask-wearing reduces.

EDIT:

I will just add this.

1. fact A..

2. idea B derived from A.

3. idea C derived from B.

4. idea D derived from C.

why do people get stuck on 1. so much
Has there been any real data on surface transmission other than the acknowledgment that it's possible? If I was around someone with COVID then that means they're putting it in the air. My odds of breathing it in are far higher than me touching a surface then touching my face and infecting myself.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Well given that there is no evidence for fomite transmission with all studies available, specifically within high contact zones like households, I'm satisfied with the practically impossible statement but if you want to play the semantics game...

You need to order your logic from hard facts then layer on top of that until you reach "supposition" at the higher levels.

The hard fact is that fomite transmission happens every day (in labs for example). We actually rely on it.

It's not a game. It is a logical consequence of the base facts and one which justifies study (like the ones that you yourself quoted) and comment.

Given the changes in the behaviour, the environment and the virus itself it is a fair question to consider and not one to be ruled out by the misreading of (some) older studies (whose conclusions are within the old context).

And with an eye on keeping this short and sweet, consider the common surface/unprotected human exposure to and touching of surfaces ratio within a hospital and a supermarket/restaurant (where protocols are not followed). In the supermarket/restaurant context every single item is "touched" by at least 3 people (preparer, seller, purchaser) and the contents of which are associated with high-risk activities such as eating, drinking.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
You need to order your logic from hard facts then layer on top of that until you reach "supposition" at the higher levels.

The hard fact is that fomite transmission happens every day (in labs for example). We actually rely on it.

We live in the real world and while I appreciate your epistemological rigor, the average person would be better served to operate their daily lives with rule of thumbs lest they fall psychological victim and become permanently scarred by headlines like "Virus found to stay more than two weeks on surfaces!!"

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Has there been any real data on surface transmission other than the acknowledgment that it's possible? If I was around someone with COVID then that means they're putting it in the air. My odds of breathing it in are far higher than me touching a surface then touching my face and infecting myself.

I would think that is probably true but masks have an influence on that ratio is my point.

scenario:

Staff at store A are lax with mask protocols, in storeroom or when customers are not there. During this time fomites and aerosols are emitted. Fomites settle. Some aerosols remain in the air - split between public and private store areas. Customers enter or staff enters public area so they go to masks on. The infectious dose threshold has been lowered by new more infectious strain (50-odd/58% reports). The length of time virions last is extended by temperature (food packing facilities). Customer, staff and cashier all touch items. Sometimes even the cashier does not wear the mask all the time (fatigue behavioural change) setting up a high-risk common transfer area of the sales conveyor belt itself.

We have all seen the above. Hence my concern and my comments.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
We live in the real world and while I appreciate your epistemological rigor, the average person would be better served to operate their daily lives with rule of thumbs lest they fall psychological victim and become permanently scarred by headlines like "Virus found to stay more than two weeks on surfaces!!"

I am not talking about what people should or should not do, so stop mixing up points.

I pointed out a logical possible cause for the rise in infections. I.e. still at the "pre science" stage. "Policy" is way down the line after something has been established, if at all.

On a personal, individual level people are free to read the above and consider the merits of what I have said.

If you haven't noticed nothing I have said has anything to do with "headlines", so let's pretend that this is an academic debate searching for science based reasons, and leave the headlines out of it.
I have no answer to or comment on "permanently scarred" :hubie:and yeah. I am done ..

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Brehs I’m not anti mask or any of that shyt but ima bit nervous with the vaccine. No conspiracy or nothing but I’ve rarely taken any shots/vaccines.

A bit shook this may be mandated :lupe:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
The very first comment I see:snoop:

The very first thing I see when going to her page:snoop:

Screenshot-20201228-092330-Twitter.jpg
:snoop:

I'm thinking this is a fake account...that avi looks like the most run of the mill google stock photo I've ever seen :heh:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
zavEfSF.png

"By Raphael Minder
  • Dec. 28, 2020
Spain plans to collect and share with other European Union nations information about residents who decide not to get vaccinated for Covid-19, the country’s health minister said on Monday. Spain’s health minister, Salvador Illa, stressed that vaccination would not be made compulsory, but, he said, a register would be set up that would include all the people who turned down the vaccine after being called up for vaccination by Spain’s public health service.

Vaccination refusals will be kept in a register,” Mr. Illa said in an interview with La Sexta, a Spanish television channel. “This is not a public document and it will be done with the highest respect of data privacy.”

Mr. Illa said vaccination was voluntary, but “we all see that the best form to defeat the virus is to get all vaccinated, the more the better.” Vaccination, he added, should be considered “an act of solidarity toward our loved ones and our citizenship.”"

Spain will register those who choose not to get vaccinated, and will share the information with the E.U.

:picard::patrice:

@5GSquad

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Brehs I’m not anti mask or any of that shyt but ima bit nervous with the vaccine. No conspiracy or nothing but I’ve rarely taken any shots/vaccines.

A bit shook this may be mandated :lupe:
I know absolutely zero about vaccines so I’m not anti or super pro but I’m in the same boat. And a vaccine within a year is suspect to me.

I hate medical and science reading but I think I’m gonna take this weekend to do my googles and learn what’s really up. Been a lot of good posts in this thread tho about it