COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
florida is fudging their numbers.

Heh. Okay. At risk of being labeled a MAGA right wing anti vax conspiracy nuts I'm going to assume all states with no mask mandates are "fudging their numbers"

Now that's not for me to say masks don't work or aren't useful in certain specific situations but conditioning healthy people to wear one EVERYWHERE on the unsubstantiated basis that otherwise they could be infecting other because.... science? (reference needed) and then claiming people should get shot if they don't... well I can't help to think somewhere we've gone really wrong.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
California has mandatory mask across state AFAIK yet top 3 average daily/cases. Is that all because of the few that don't wear masks?

Masks are more prevalent than they ever were since this shyt started yet there are more cases than ever.

Is this really the crux of the issue or is there more to it?
I can only speak on SoCal but can tell you the mask are not more prevalent than ever and most of the people wearing them are not wearing them properly.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
you talk about masks being prevalent but the fact of the matter is, many people only wear masks at work or in stores if they absolutely have to by work or store policy enforcement. Those same people remove their mask at the first opportunity some relevant authority isn't present. Those same people are likely to take other risks, removing masks around non-household members and not social distancing. mask mandates means nothing if people lack the discipline to actually wear them habitually and not just when told to.

We're constantly hearing reports of family gatherings, weddings and religious gatherings where people think they can trust those in attendance but an outbreak almost aways occurs. Masks were only one part of the strategy to combating this virus, masks without social distancing and sanitizing measures practically nullifies our covid guidelines.

But surely masks and overall sanity measures are more respected in areas where masks are mandated so why isn't there an obvious correlation in the numbers?

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I can only speak on SoCal but can tell you the mask are not more prevalent than ever and most of the people wearing them are not wearing them properly.

Surely you see more people wearing masks than you did back in April.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Heh. Okay. At risk of being labeled a MAGA right wing anti vax conspiracy nuts I'm going to assume all states with no mask mandates are "fudging their numbers"

Now that's not for me to say masks don't work or aren't useful in certain specific situations but conditioning healthy people to wear one EVERYWHERE on the unsubstantiated basis that otherwise they could be infecting other because.... science? (reference needed) and then claiming people should get shot if they don't... well I can't help to think somewhere we've gone really wrong.

so no lockdowns, no masks, no vaccines. :mjpls:

how do these people know they're healthy?:rudy: people feel fine until they don't all the time. :stopitslime:

in fact what makes this virus so dangerous is that it could be spreading by a carrier for up to two weeks after initial transmission before the host start showing symptoms. :francis:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Yet FL has no mask mandates, little restrictions and isn't exactly worse off :/

florida is fudging their numbers.

Top 3 state with the most cases per day
Cali: 22k perday
Tx:12k per day
Fla:7k per day

Florida is an absolute mess when it comes to tracking this thing. They're 2 months behind.

Sun Sentinel - We are currently unavailable in your region

And then you have georgia who juke the stats by not including rapid result tests in their daily numbers

GDPR Support

Last edited:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Not only that they are hiding the true numbers

Didnt they arrest that doctor recently

So conspiracies are fair game when they dont fit the narrative heh...

It's been three months since all/most restrictions have been removed in Florida you'd think it'd be total pandemonium over there compared to everywhere else in the country