COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was just thinking how easily this is to spread. 2 weeks ago I traveled to 4 cities in 4 days presenting to hundreds of people. And I'm in nyc where there are a ton of chinese people. Theres no telling who's been exposed to what at this point and add in the 2 week window, i can see how scary this can get. And I gotta travel in the next 2 weeks to 6 different cities. I

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Ehh, as a chinese person I wouldn't be offended if someone did that, I would just think it's funny that someone rather stay there with their scarf rather than move. Now if someone blatantly said or did some shyt to me personally then yeah.
Have you received any personal discrimination because of this? Are you in the US? If so, where?

Nothing big, just wondering. I haven't witnessed anyone panicking in my city in person but saw some report of Chinese hatred in another city. I got family from the Philippines & read some shyt saying couple of philippinoes got some hate too.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you received any personal discrimination because of this? Are you in the US? If so, where?

Nothing big, just wondering. I haven't witnessed anyone panicking in my city in person but saw some report of Chinese hatred in another city. I got family from the Philippines & read some shyt saying couple of philippinoes got some hate too.

In nyc. In real life, I have not received any sort of discrimination, not even the occasional look. My family also haven't received anything like that either. Most people are not panicking but you do see the masks more. I also have a confident demeanor so most people would not try it with me.

Now, on this forum on the other hand, I do notice an increase in the bashing and the utter derogatory behavior but I chalk that up to ignorance and trolls. It almost makes some people happy that others are dying and suffering but again I think those are trolls. It was actually disappointing when one of the mods held that view. I think that mod should do a better job.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
In nyc. In real life, I have not received any sort of discrimination, not even the occasional look. My family also haven't received anything like that either. Most people are not panicking but you do see the masks more. I also have a confident demeanor so most people would not try it with me.

Now, on this forum on the other hand, I do notice an increase in the bashing and the utter derogatory behavior but I chalk that up to ignorance and trolls. It almost makes some people happy that others are dying and suffering but again I think those are trolls. It was actually disappointing when one of the mods held that view. I think that mod should do a better job.

I saw a report that Chinese restaurants in NYC were not being frequented by customers..

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw a report that Chinese restaurants in NYC were not being frequented by customers..
Yeah that's true. Guess what, most of their customers are chinese. Its because we know that during chinese new year a shyt load of people went back to china and a lot of them work in restaurants. So to minimize risk, just avoid them. And I say that from a family that had a restaurant in nyc and my entire extended family owns restaurants all over, it's truly hyon when you own your own business. It will pass eventually. I'm sure that nobody is avoiding italian restaurants so yeah its discriminatory or at the very least, biased. I think avoiding restaurants isnt really panicking though but I understand if some people think it is.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Yeah that's true. Guess what, most of their customers are chinese. Its because we know that during chinese new year a shyt load of people went back to china and a lot of them work in restaurants. So to minimize risk, just avoid them. And I say that from a family that had a restaurant in nyc and my entire extended family owns restaurants all over, it's truly hyon when you own your own business. It will pass eventually. I'm sure that nobody is avoiding italian restaurants so yeah its discriminatory or at the very least, biased. I think avoiding restaurants isnt really panicking though but I understand if some people think it is.

Italy is now a coronavirus hot spot..In a sense, Italians will now feel what discrimination tastes like..they are about one of the most discriminatory and racist countries in Europe so it will be a new experience for them to get treated like lepers wherever they go.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS

My brother does Uber in Florida by the theme parks & tourist sites & shyt. He moved last year. He's Philippines, got his wife & kids with him. My family. I worry if he good out there with all the tourists.

People in here laughing while other of us got loved ones where this shyt is reporting. I got at least 3 states & more family where this shyt is. I'm not taking this as a joke.

People are dying. My mistress is doing what she does. Prepare

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
She is 56 but she been sick since last week and getting worse. I just got off the phone with her an hour ago and she was saying she talked to her doctor and he was going to get back to her about what to do going forward. Then my sister just text me saying they picking my mom up at 530 pst to take her to Bellevue. They said not to be alarmed but they will be wearing biohazard gear just in case... this means everyone in that house is most likely affected. They are in Snohomish county and I live in King County so I've been away but I'm worried about my parents cause they are older. shyt really got real brehs, I'm praying it's just a regular flu
Hope it all checks out. Stay safe out there