COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
GOP blocking coronavirus bill — because it limits how much drugmakers can charge for a vaccine: report

GOP blocking coronavirus bill — because it limits how much drugmakers can charge for a vaccine: report

mattchapmansq.gif

Published March 3, 2020
By Matthew Chapman

On Tuesday, Politico reported that GOP lawmakers are holding up a bipartisan emergency funding bill to provide treatment and research for coronavirus.

The main reason? They object to a provision that prevents drug manufacturers from overcharging the government for any vaccines or other treatment.

“Democrats are insisting the spending package include significant funding to purchase large amounts of coronavirus diagnostics, treatments and vaccine, when it becomes available, which would then be made available to the public free of cost, according to a senior Democratic aide,” reported Politico. However, “Republicans are trying to eliminate the ‘fair and reasonable price’ federal procurement standard for the vaccines and treatments that will be developed and purchased with the emergency funds. ‘Fair and reasonable price’ is a basic standard to prevent price gouging in federal contracts. Without the language, drugmakers could charge the government above-market rates, meaning fewer Americans will have access, according to the Democratic aide.”

Senate-Majority-Leader-Mitch-McConnell.jpg

A vaccine for coronavirus is in the works, but experts suggest it is still at least a year away from becoming available. Other therapeutic treatments may become available before that.

Defend democracy. Click to invest in courageous progressive journalism today.

“Our Republican friends don’t want to see the kinds of limitations that we want to see,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) to reporters after a meeting with White House officials.

Congressional leaders hope to pass the bill by the end of the week.

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
I think my momma got it yall :mjcry:

She said she being picked up in an hour after talking to the doctor and they gonna be wearing full biohazard gear just in case. Pray for us, I'm scared for my momma
Damn I’m sorry breh. Where you live?

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

She said she being picked up in an hour after talking to the doctor and they gonna be wearing full biohazard gear just in case. Pray for us, I'm scared for my momma

I got you breh, stay up. Might be nothing. I'm high-key concerned about my parents getting this shyt though, especially my Dad. He's had pneumonia before.:francis:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
You serious breh?? How old is your mother???

Prayers and blessings your way man

She is 56 but she been sick since last week and getting worse. I just got off the phone with her an hour ago and she was saying she talked to her doctor and he was going to get back to her about what to do going forward. Then my sister just text me saying they picking my mom up at 530 pst to take her to Bellevue. They said not to be alarmed but they will be wearing biohazard gear just in case... this means everyone in that house is most likely affected. They are in Snohomish county and I live in King County so I've been away but I'm worried about my parents cause they are older. shyt really got real brehs, I'm praying it's just a regular flu

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps

I'm so sorry to hear this ! Hopefully it is something minute and they are just taking extra precautions.