COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
timing of this is unfortunate too, spring break vacations are coming up in the US and Canada, people gonna be spreading this shyt around like crazy :sadcam:

:wow:

Out of left field for Europe........Syrian Refugee crisis about to start again. Because of fighting in in northern Syria, especially city of Idlib, Turkey is opening up their border, telling Syrians they can go into Europe, but this time European countries aren't so likely to be so compromising

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Stay safe out there brehs
oz6Ta1z.png

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359

Not necessarily...in an epidemic spread that grows exponentially the bulk of the cases are at the tail end (more recent time frame). If 1,500 people have coronavirus in WA state, I am betting 75% + of them got in in the last 2 weeks or so. Mid-March we should know if it is less serious or not.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Not necessarily...in an epidemic spread that grows exponentially the bulk of the cases are at the tail end (more recent time frame). If 1,500 people have coronavirus in WA state, I am betting 75% + of them got in in the last 2 weeks or so. Mid-March we should know if it is less serious or not.

Yup. People need to pay more attention to the recovery vs. deaths rather than infected vs deaths,.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

At least three reasons

1. until cured or dead the final status remains unknown.

and (as pointed out by the person I was responding to)

2. from the summary numbers alone you do not know the proportions of patients at each stage of the infection. it's multiple sliding windows rather than a single one.

and

3. the disease characteristics are still being established.