COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
It's not "randomly snatching people". 80% of the cases recover.
You cats gotta stop acting like this is the Black Plague or some shyt. :mjlol:

The fact of the matter is people can easily look up the stats for heart disease. 1,700 deaths daily. People still smoke. Eat like shyt. Don't work out, etc.

And nobody gives a fukk. People are more worried about some shyt that you can avoid by washing your hands....because it's only been here for 2 months.

It's something new to be afraid of. If it was something people were comfortable with, like heart disease....nobody would give a fukk.

Much more deaths than we can imagine? :gucci:

The latest estimate was 200k. Hell, let's go crazy and say half a mill.

That's still less than heart disease every year. Since before either of us was born. Like clock work, every year.

This will go away eventually. Cats will still be smoking and fukking up their heart long after we forget about this, though.

They're shook because it's new and they don't understand it. Which I get.

The chances of this topping the deaths of heart disease in 2020 is damn near impossible, yet I never seen a thread on heart disease in TLR. Or hell, anywhere on The Coli. Like I said, people are terrified because this is new. That's it.

Statistically speaking more of The Coli is likely to die from heart disease, than this.

My point is people care about 700 deaths a day because it's something new.

Two months ago 1,700 people were dying daily from something else, and nobody gave a fukk. Hell, after we're immune to this, hundreds of thousands of people will die daily from all sorts of things....and there won't be a single thread on it.

Fred.

Heart disease doesnt effect others. It effects the person with it.

Heart disease doesnt create unemployment and shut down businesses.

Point is it's not that simple breh

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Not trying to downplay COVID-19 at all but let's look at some facts here.

Around 1,700 people die every day from heart disease in the U.S.

Roughly 640,000 a year.

1 in 4, of all deaths in the U.S.

Around 17 million annually, world-wide.

Not, until we're immune. Or until there's a vaccine. Every year.

So....yeah. This shyt is fukked up but it's only really shocking because it's new.

Fred.

People are still dying from those other diseases though...in addition to this. The shyt is shocking bc mufukkas are catching it and dying. The shyt is overwhelming healthcare services worldwide.

You're right though...a vaccine is the only path forward at this point. But then it'll always be folks that shyt on the vaccine, don't take it and get sick.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Just got a call from my 80 year old Aunt asking me to go to Walmart in Westbury Long Island to pick up her prescriptions.

:damn:

I can't say no... not looking forward to this kind of adventure :lupe:
As long as you stay away from the Costco over there you're good.

Just try to be 10 min in 10 min out

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I’m looking at this in the immediate future in its entirety. This virus is already overwhelming the healthcare system. Now think about all those heart deaths from natural causes that you alluded to before. It’s possible more die now that could have been resuscitated but due to hospital strain, bed strain, low staff and staff being overworked from fighting this new virus it impacts everything in the healthcare system.

It’s not a matter of but flu, but heart disease, but car accidents etc. Like Cuomo said earlier this affects all of the healthcare systems as a whole. Its a system, and one broken link breaks the entire chain no matter where it breaks.

But yes I guess most don’t think about it everyday yeah. I don’t think about it everyday but time to time. Lately I’ve been thinking about my parents and grandparents mortality lately as they age, especially after lesions that turned out to be benign were found on my dads prostate, and he’s in great shape.

^This. The disease itself is not that deadly in and of itself. But it is highly contagious and spreads so quickly.

The secondary effects of it (slowing down commerce, slowing down other medical access to care, knocking healthcare workers out of commission) are almost as bad as the numbers of sick it creates by itself.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I had to pick up a prescription yesterday. My masks haven’t come in the mail yet so I tied a shirt around my face and wore gloves.

i felt crazy masking up in the parking lot...felt like I was about to rob the place. Nobody batted an eye as I walked in....crazy times

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I’m looking at this in the immediate future in its entirety. This virus is already overwhelming the healthcare system. Now think about all those heart deaths from natural causes that you alluded to before. It’s possible more die now that could have been resuscitated but due to hospital strain, bed strain, low staff and staff being overworked from fighting this new virus it impacts everything in the healthcare system.

It’s not a matter of but flu, but heart disease, but car accidents etc. Like Cuomo said earlier this affects all of the healthcare systems as a whole. Its a system, and one broken link breaks the entire chain no matter where it breaks.

But yes I guess most don’t think about it everyday yeah. I don’t think about it everyday but time to time. Lately I’ve been thinking about my parents and grandparents mortality lately as they age, especially after lesions that turned out to be benign were found on my dads prostate, and he’s in great shape.

Your post is basically what I'm saying, in a nutshell.

I used The Joker analogy from "The Dark Knight" earlier. If people die in an "expected" way, nobody gives a fukk. Heart disease was the example because it's common.

Introduce a new virus, even with a great recovery rate and low death rate....and everyone loses their minds.

And like I said....people keep saying this overwhelmed the health care system. And it did....due to human incompetence. This shyt was left unchecked for literally months. And like I said, Trump gave away literally tons of PPE right before this hit. Which is why you hear horror stories about doctors working in trash bags.

So, is this shyt serious? Definitely. Is it this bad....because it's really this bad? No. It's not like we randomly got to where we are. There was a lot of incompetence involved. Hell, there still is.

Fred.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

On top of that bad eating and smoking is a choice, aint nobody choosing to catch fukking corona and ARDS :gucci: they love false equivalencies here boy I yell ya

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Of course it's a big deal but people only care about 700 deaths a day because it's something new killing people.

Heart disease killed 600,000+ people last year, but there wasn't a big ass thread on it.
If people applied the same care and concern to everything else in their life, as this....those other numbers obviously wouldn't exist.:manny:

Fred.

You do realize this has the potential to eclipse or come close to those heart disease numbers, don’t you?

So it’s going to be a big deal no matter what. Add the deaths of covid to the deaths of heart disease and you have a system that can’t sustain and will implode. It’s the cumulative effect. You’re not seeing the totality of damage. You’re focusing on deaths vs deaths.

The infectious nature of covid is also huge differentiation, but thats a conversation for later

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

This wouldn't have done any of that either, had people not been fukking morons.

This shyt would've been nipped in the bud immediately had Trump not dropped the ball.

People act like this shyt is The Stand or something. Like we took every possible precaution and it fukked everything up.
On top of that bad eating and smoking is a choice, aint nobody choosing to catch fukking corona and ARDS :gucci: they love false equivalencies here boy I yell ya

People ain't choosing to party, in the middle of this shyt?

People ain't choosing to think it's a hoax?

People ain't choosing to still gather in big ass groups?

Hell, some states don't even have a shelter in place or shutdown of any kind.

Last I checked beaches still open in Florida.

So what are you cats talking about? :dahell:

This shyt is unfolding the way it is due to a very specific set of circumstances. Mainly due to incompetence in the U.S. From Trump on down to people partying at Spring Break.

Fred.