COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

easymoneysniper

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not trying to downplay COVID-19 at all but let's look at some facts here.

Around 1,700 people die every day from heart disease in the U.S.

Roughly 640,000 a year.

1 in 4, of all deaths in the U.S.

Around 17 million annually, world-wide.

Not, until we're immune. Or until there's a vaccine. Every year.

So....yeah. This shyt is fukked up but it's only really shocking because it's new.

Fred.

No. The issue is that this is a highly contagious disease that if left unchecked will have much, much more deaths than we can imagine. Its very serious and yes if the all of us and govt do what we can say, we can get through this. Heart disease isn’t contagious, the flu is clearly nowhere near as potent as this, etc.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps

Roughly 640,000 a year.

So....yeah. This shyt is fukked up but it's only really shocking because it's new.

Fred.

True, but heart disease and these other disease states haven’t overwhelmed the health system to the degree that this has. This is apples to oranges, because we don’t have the resources to combat this. The sheer volume of cases flooding the system will result in life loss on a exponential level. Trickle down effect with also be in play because there folks, such as those heart disease patients, may not get adequate care due to all of these covid emergencies.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems like nyc is slowing down on the number of new cases which is great
I think at this point for the last 2 weeks most people have followed orders. The number of deaths will go up given the window of infection to hospitals to death. But Cuomo said it was like weeks away so I pray that it stays like then and trend downward.

ff583ba7b794283cf852ad7f87a3a637d7e9724d.png

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps

Roughly 640,000 a year.

Fred.
I’m not sure what your point here is

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Roughly 640,000 a year.

Fred.
Do you have peer-reviewed research to support these numbers? :troll:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Heart disease is more of a long term lifestyle deal in many cases. This is randomly snatching people. Somebody sneezed on their hand then touched a doornob 30 mins ago and you came in the room after them and that event lead to your death vs living a full life of poor decisions and eventually it caught up to you. Which sounds worse?

It's not "randomly snatching people". 80% of the cases recover.
You cats gotta stop acting like this is the Black Plague or some shyt. :mjlol:

The fact of the matter is people can easily look up the stats for heart disease. 1,700 deaths daily. People still smoke. Eat like shyt. Don't work out, etc.

And nobody gives a fukk. People are more worried about some shyt that you can avoid by washing your hands....because it's only been here for 2 months.

It's something new to be afraid of. If it was something people were comfortable with, like heart disease....nobody would give a fukk.

No. The issue is that this is a highly contagious disease that if left unchecked will have much, much more deaths than we can imagine. Its very serious and yes if the all of us and govt do what we can say, we can get through this. Heart disease isn’t contagious, the flu is clearly nowhere near as potent as this, etc.
Much more deaths than we can imagine? :gucci:

The latest estimate was 200k. Hell, let's go crazy and say half a mill.

That's still less than heart disease every year. Since before either of us was born. Like clock work, every year.

This will go away eventually. Cats will still be smoking and fukking up their heart long after we forget about this, though.

Heart disease didnt appear out of nowhere

We have methods to prevent it

It isn't absurdly contagious tranferring from person to person at an exponential rate

Yall really gotta stop with these silly comparisons, no reputable scientist is doing that, they're shook as well

They're shook because it's new and they don't understand it. Which I get.

The chances of this topping the deaths of heart disease in 2020 is damn near impossible, yet I never seen a thread on heart disease in TLR. Or hell, anywhere on The Coli. Like I said, people are terrified because this is new. That's it.

Statistically speaking more of The Coli is likely to die from heart disease, than this.

I’m not sure what your point here is

My point is people care about 700 deaths a day because it's something new.

Two months ago 1,700 people were dying daily from something else, and nobody gave a fukk. Hell, after we're immune to this, hundreds of thousands of people will die daily from all sorts of things....and there won't be a single thread on it.

Fred.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
It's not "randomly snatching people". 80% of the cases recover.
You cats gotta stop acting like this is the Black Plague or some shyt. :mjlol:

The fact of the matter is people can easily look up the stats for heart disease. 1,700 deaths daily. People still smoke. Eat like shyt. Don't work out, etc.

And nobody gives a fukk. People are more worried about some shyt that you can avoid by washing your hands....because it's only been here for 2 months.

It's something new to be afraid of. If it was something people were comfortable with, like heart disease....nobody would give a fukk.

Much more deaths than we can imagine? :gucci:

The latest estimate was 200k. Hell, let's go crazy and say half a mill.

That's still less than heart disease every year. Since before either of us was born. Like clock work, every year.

This will go away eventually. Cats will still be smoking and fukking up their heart long after we forget about this, though.

They're shook because it's new and they don't understand it. Which I get.

The chances of this topping the deaths of heart disease in 2020 is damn near impossible, yet I never seen a thread on heart disease in TLR. Or hell, anywhere on The Coli. Like I said, people are terrified because this is new. That's it.

Statistically speaking more of The Coli is likely to die from heart disease, than this.

My point is people care about 700 deaths a day because it's something new.

Two months ago 1,700 people were dying daily from something else, and nobody gave a fukk. Hell, after we're immune to this, hundreds of thousands of people will die daily from all sorts of things....and there won't be a single thread on it.

Fred.

so you don’t think this is a big deal? Being overblown?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
True, but heart disease and these other disease states haven’t overwhelmed the health system to the degree that this has. This is apples to oranges, because we don’t have the resources to combat this. The sheer volume of cases flooding the system will result in life loss on a exponential level. Trickle down effect with also be in play because there folks, such as those heart disease patients, may not get adequate care due to all of these covid emergencies.

We would have easily had the resources to deal with this if Trump wasn't a moron and locked shyt down sooner. If Trump hadn't given away hundreds of thousands of PPE equipment. If people weren't morons out partying well after it was revealed how contagious this was.

This isn't terrible because it's that bad. 80% recovery rate. Death rate is actually very low.

It's terrible because we dropped the ball at damn near every point leading up to where we currently are.

Fred.