COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Around 2,500 confirmed .. no vaccine .. probably not for 6-18 months.

Doctors have had some success using certain antivirals used to treat other viruses like hiv. Also some success using plasma from blood of those who have recovered.. the idea is to give those antibodys that the recovered person created to the person who’s immune system cannot fight it

Smh

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw, I should have said this initially.. the recovery rate is in the 80s.. some ppl have mild symptoms (cough and fever), some asymptomatic..

it’s just that 10% or so (numbers still to be determined) have a rough time fighting it and can develop pneumonia.. for older ppl and ppl with other illnesses it’s a risky thing. BUT younger ppl (30s) have been having those complications too ..

Okay. Thanks bro!

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@BlackJesus lawdy help us.

So if this becomes endemic our way of life will change.

Annual Cov19 season .. :picard:

From my understanding and what I’ve read, IF recoverers develop immunity and/or a vaccine comes before next season.. hopefully at that point it will be more like a flu season.

that won’t help on 2020 obviously tho

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
From my understanding and what I’ve read, IF recoverers develop immunity and/or a vaccine comes before next season.. hopefully at that point it will be more like a flu season.

that won’t help on 2020 obviously tho

The coronaviruses mutate a lot which is why we have those annual attacks and cannot stamp them out.

The coronavirus is already mutating as it jumps from person to person, “viral evolution” may make vaccines pointless

Immunity is still an open question because of 1. apparent reinfections and 2. the possibility that successive infections are worse.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Im not. I work in film and i deadass dont wanna work on anything this year until this shyt clears up

Being in close proximity with a few hundred people on the daily is just asking to catch that shyt, mane :mjcry:

Breh I work in a fukking hospital.

Everyday I'm in that bytch like :hubie:

I swear if I see a Asian I start holding my breath on some :gag:

Cant even touch elevator buttons without thinking :picard:.

Last edited:

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The coronaviruses mutate a lot which is why we have those annual attacks and cannot stamp them out.

The coronavirus is already mutating as it jumps from person to person, “viral evolution” may make vaccines pointless

Immunity is still an open question because of 1. apparent reinfections and 2. the possibility that successive infections are worse.

It could mutate but has been seemingly stable thus far. Hopefully it stays stable but if not mutation MIGHT not be a bad thing.. depends on how it mutates

Tests so far suggest that the coronavirus is relatively stable but as it is passed from human to human the virus will become more adapted as a human disease. This is not necessarily a bad thing, though. “In Darwinian terms, the virus wants to survive,” said Smith. “And to do that it’s generally not a sensible idea for a virus to kill people. The most successful viruses infect a lot of people and cause relatively little pathology.”

Could the coronavirus mutate if a vaccine can't be found in time?

Reinfection is a scary concept , especially if the acquired antibodys can’t fight the subsequent infection effectively and the body gets confused.
ive read that reinfections are likely “rare”, I’m driving.. im sorry I can’t try to relocate where I read it bro