COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Same hospital from that tweet of the a$$hole decrying the mainstream media:

‘We're in Disaster Mode’: Courage Inside a Brooklyn Hospital Confronting Coronavirus: New York Times Feature

Thats part of it. The rest is here:

‘We’re in Disaster Mode’: Courage Inside a Brooklyn Hospital Confronting Coronavirus

You're not going to see lots of people outside unless they are testing there. I go past Harlem Hospital every morning to get the train. Its not chaotic out front. The emergency room is where the drama is going to be.
Folks don't understand you can't just film people in hospitals without violating HIPPA but people got their agendas.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Yea I agree, maybe everyone is inside and it's packed in there but it still looks controlled and quiet.

For example, I have seen videos with freezer trucks and bodies lined up outside hospitals (not like a whole lot of them though). These videos are hella contrasting :patrice:

I've seen the outside of 3 hospitals here in Brooklyn the past few days.
(Downstate, Kings County, Brookdale) There is no mad scramble or pandemonium outside of any.

Yet the few people I know who actually work at the hospitals, all say its crazy inside.

yeah at my hospital so many departments are closed or on shorten hours . Really only emerge, cardiology, icu , Nicu, maternity and our assessment center are running

all dr offices closed as well as they are only doing virtual visits

Anybody got a definitive word on what's going on in the hospitals right now.
I'm out the city...
But my guys are acting like nothing is really a big deal.

And a nurse friend of mine is talking like shyt is slow
:mindblown:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm out the city...

I’m in bumble fukk Oklahoma so experiences vary but my wife says they are very busy and running low of those ventilation joints...But the issue is they are getting patients for more than just covid of course so they are stressed out and people are quitting...Like she’s been working day on day off but they called her to come in today...

im trying to get her to quit and I’m just being honest...They are also starting to run low on ppe... and the talk is this is just the beginning...I’m sure okc or Tulsa is worse. And the big cities are far worse:

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
that trade war with china came back and bit ole orange in the ass.it's the reason there's a medical supply shortage.
every fukked up thing he's done has come home to roost with this disaster

True story, but you'll never convince any of his followers (on or off the coli) that Cheeto can do any wrong. They'll just blame somebody else. :francis:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I'm out the city...

My mother is a doctor. She actually called me in a tizzy this morning after some administration e-mail was sent out. I don't want to repeat the information again, you can go back in some of my posts in here about how things are progressing at her hospital. Just the short of it is this: RIght now hospital administration is doing everything it can not provide staff with proper PPE. They claim they are following CDC guidelines which...in turn may be influenced by the federal government. They aren't short of supplies and have a huge cabinet full of N95 masks. But the administrative rules right now are making it extremely difficult to procure one. My mother was basically able to convince the worker watching over the locked up supplies to give her a mask. She plans to reuse the mask after doing what she can to prolong its use. She has had other doctors ask her astonished how she got the mask because they didn't even know where they are and my mother found out just from asking around. Its hard to overstate how important PPE is but I just repeat how my mom told it to me. Its like asking a firefight to go in a burning house without gear or a cop to go do his job without his gun. Its vital to the job.

Anyways as far as the e-mail I mentioned, the administration is now asking people to start volunteering in the ICUs to help with the burden. There are still normal cases coming in that always did but they are seeing an increase in covid patients. What pissed her off however, is that they still have no changed the restrictions on how to acquire PPE and she found it galling they want people to volunteer to work somewhere their chances of getting it will increase but not provide them the proper equipment. Again, they said they were following the CDC guidelines which right now the requirement to get an N95 mask for example is that the patient must be positive for Covid or diagnose with symptoms. This has significant issues which I can lay out in another post.

As far as the amount of cases, in her county and also in her hospital there are more covid patients coming in. Right now they have canceled all non-emergency procedures at her hospital and that is what your friends are probably seeing and why its slow right now. The reason is they are making room for what the expect to be the inevitable increase of covid patients coming in. My mother reports the slow down in work since they canceled non-emergency procedures but certain segments of the hospital that would see an increase from this are seeing the increase. Especially the ICU.

The fight for PPE seems to be a big battle. I think 12% of Spain's deaths were reported to be healthcare workers. 50 something doctors in Italy have already died from it. As this progresses, you're going to probably hear more of an outcry from medical professionals being encouraged to work in unsafe conditions.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there's a shortage of healthcare workers, I wonder if people in prison can help and given reduced sentences especially those with non violent offenses. May be logistically challenging but hospitals need help.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm out the city...

at my hospital its slow as hell but mainly because all non essential clinics have been shut down. Like day surgery, etc shut down. only like emerge, hemo dialysis, oncology, emerge. All drs taking patients virtual so its dead as well. Our covid assessment centre has like 75 people coming through the door every day :ehh: