COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Dr. Birx predicts up to 200,000 coronavirus deaths 'if we do things almost perfectly'
Dr. Birx predicts up to 200,000 U.S. coronavirus deaths 'if we do things almost perfectly'
"I think in some of the metro areas we were late in getting people to follow the 15-day guidelines," the White House coronavirus response coordinator said on "TODAY."

Shoutout to that Pastor who held Sunday service for 1000 people yesterday. If her prediction is accurate we are fukked until all states collective agree to shutdown orders.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People giving Trump hell for saying that people are stealing mask and other PPE, but my mom and main shorty both work in hospitals and have confirmed that people are stealing that shyt for their friends and families. Shyt my shorty still doing that shyt :laugh:

shyt that’s a job perk like me having boxes of MREs

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
People giving Trump hell for saying that people are stealing mask and other PPE, but my mom and main shorty both work in hospitals and have confirmed that people are stealing that shyt for their friends and families. Shyt my shorty still doing that shyt :laugh:
You know, your shorty better be careful. Like I said before, they fired people at my mom's hospital for that shyt :francis: and I'm sure they will do it at her's. They locked up everything at my mom's hospital so its not possible anymore.

But again, at least at my mom's hospital they aren't short of supplies. Its the CDC requirements right now that are the problem.

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Got dammit.

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday approved the anecdotally promising malaria drug for emergency use to treat hospitalized patients for COVID-19.

The drug’s effects on patients has result in a shortage for patients who use it for arthritis and lupus, and there have been reports of hoarding among medical professionals. Several states recently took steps to limit the number of prescriptions filled, by forcing increased accountability of who is prescribing the drug and why.

Hoarding pieces of shyt. :scust:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
If there's a shortage of healthcare workers, I wonder if people in prison can help and given reduced sentences especially those with non violent offenses. May be logistically challenging but hospitals need help.
It will come to that in certain places. You see how they do some prisoners in Cali, have them fighting forest fires, not paying them for putting their lives on the line. This country HATES criminals, even non violent offenses, even if they put their lives on the line for you.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
The Tampa Pastor views this as a freedom of religion issue. Link below
COVID19 Restrictions and Freedom of Religion
The Atlantic has an article by a professor of Law and Religion (if this anyone knows anything about this it would be him :damn:) that address this very issue a week or so ago

Close the Churches

According to this guy, when public health is at stake and narrow enough reasoning can be given, the government is within the confines of the law to shut down large gatherings such as a church gathering. Especially, if alternatives to organizing such as online are available. A pandemic sounds like one of these situations.

Here is the meat of the matter from the article
Let’s assume for the sake of argument that a church challenging a shutdown order would receive the highest level of legal protection, a test referred to by courts as “strict scrutiny.” Under this test, the government would need to articulate a compelling interest, and its directive would need to be narrowly tailored and executed in the least restrictive means toward accomplishing its interest. That’s a very high standard, and one that is not usually satisfied. But the government is likely to meet it here. The widespread protection of human life is clearly a compelling government interest, and in the specific circumstances of this crisis, given what we know now of the virus, a shutdown order, especially one aimed at gatherings over a certain size, is both narrowly tailored and the least restrictive means.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange