COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I’m in bumble fukk Oklahoma so experiences very but my wife says they are very busy and running low of those ventilation joints...But the issue is they are getting patients for more than just covid of course so they are stressed out and people are quitting...Like she’s been working day on day off but they called her to come in today...

im trying to get her to quit and I’m just being honest...They are also starting to run low on ppe... and the talk is this is just the beginning...I’m sure okc or Tulsa is worse. And the big cities are far worse:
If they are trying to get her to work without PPE, convince her to quit the job.

Basically, these guidelines from the CDC and the hospital administrations that are following them are going to be opening themselves up to a lawsuit. All it takes is one doctor, nurse, or worker to get sick and infect a previously healthy patient. You go to court and say you weren't even wearing the basics of protective equipment, that is your ass.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If there's a shortage of healthcare workers, I wonder if people in prison can help and given reduced sentences especially those with non violent offenses. May be logistically challenging but hospitals need help.

Honestly that is something to consider depending on the crimes of course...But I do see they are going to recall some retired service members with those types of skill sets...I wonder if they will let people reclass into those mos when training starts up again.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they are trying to get her to work without PPE, convince her to quit the job.

Basically, these guidelines from the CDC and the hospital administrations that are following them are going to be opening themselves up to a lawsuit. All it takes is one doctor, nurse, or worker to get sick and infect a previously healthy patient. You go to court and say you weren't even wearing the basics of protective equipment, that is your ass.

right now they have it but they will hit a point without it...I’m in the Army and don’t go to work since I can do what I do from home. But she goes in and they have been working the hell out of them all...some of the docs have been staying there.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Premier Doug Ford spoke at a news conference Monday afternoon. He said the province is now advising anyone over the age of 70, or anyone with an underlying health condition, to stay home and self isolate.

smart