COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
nine residents of a long-term care home in Ontario cottage country have died of COVID-19 complications and that number is likely to increase, the facility's medical director says.

All of the deaths at Pinecrest Nursing Home in Bobycaygeon, about 150 kilometres northeast of Toronto, occurred since last Wednesday, said Dr. Michelle Snarr.

"There will be more deaths. It's grim, it's heartbreaking. We get more heartbreaking news all the time," she said in an interview on Monday morning.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Most operations in this hospital could have been shut down and geared towards treating COVID19 patients.

yeah at my hospital so many departments are closed or on shorten hours . Really only emerge, cardiology, icu , Nicu, maternity and our assessment center are running

all dr offices closed as well as they are only doing virtual visits

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
yeah at my hospital so many departments are closed or on shorten hours . Really only emerge, cardiology, icu , Nicu, maternity and our assessment center are running

all dr offices closed as well as they are only doing virtual visits

I assume all outpatient clinics are closed right? My dad's appointments got moved to a rehab clinic across the street from the hospital, and they won't even let him to go the hospital for his normal lab work and to fill his prescriptions

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Arrest this man.

Pastor again defies state order not to hold large gatherings. He says 1,000 people came to his church Sunday

By Daniel Burke, CNN Religion Editor

Louisiana pastor defies governor's orders not to hold large gatherings -- again - CN
(CNN)Remember the Louisiana pastor who defied the governor's order not to hold gatherings larger than 50 people?

He held services again on Sunday, and he plans to do so yet again on Tuesday night.
On Sunday, Pastor Tony Spell said, his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge drew about 1,000 people to its services, in part by busing people in from across five parishes.
On Tuesday evening, the pastor plans to hold services again, despite the governor's stay-at-home orders, a petition seeking his arrest and a flood of criticism from fellow Christians.
"If they close every door in this city, then I will close my doors," Spell told CNN on Tuesday. "But you can't say the retailers are essential but the church is not. That is a persecution of the faith."

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
"Why is a city of 8 million people on lock-down when there is no one in line to get tested" :hhh:

"Why are there so many restrictions when you take a flight when flying is the 'safest mode of transport' "

"Why does the FDA exist when so few medicines kill"

That dude is Trump supporter. It's typical conservative drivel. "Why are there so many regulations on companies? It keeps them from being innovative." It also keeps them from dumping their wastes in water sources. It makes sure that buildings are built up to code. It's so that screw threads on fire hoses, will fit on fire hydrants all across the nation and world. The logic these people operate on is why we're in this mess.