COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Daps
Bruh we were talking about WW3 starting just 2 months ago. Feels like that shyt happened 5 years ago.

We could very well be witnessing the early stages of WW3. A lot of players are at the table, all of them positioning themselves to withstand the more drastic effects of this pandemic and take advantage of the geopolitical fallout once the smoke has cleared. I think it's also worth arguing that the far right in America sees an opportunity to weaponize the spread of this virus and attack regions within our country that are "blue" or "anti-Trump." There's a definite chance that this pandemic will accelerate the rise of the alt-right and foment hostilities that could lead to a civil war. We are now confronted with a number of unknowns, in what is only the beginning of an unprecedented breakdown of modern society.

I've never seen anything like it. :francis:

Last edited:

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
They should count for both. Coronavirus and whatever else they had (hbp, respiratory illness, heart disease )
Idk how exactly it should be listed but it shows the Dunning Kruger effect is a real thing

A bunch of Internet and journalist opinion pieces debating epidemiologists that went to med school and studied for years

It’s really an exposé of the the arrogant and simple minded

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
OAKLAND (CBS SF) – Friends and family awakened to the news of the death of Barbara Johnson Hopper, one the first five deaths from COVID-19, in Alameda County. She was 81.

They news of Hopper’s has stunned her community, and brought the reality of the coronavirus’s tragic reach close to home.

“‘I want to live!’ was one of the last things I heard my mother say while lying on her hospital bed,” wrote her daughter Adriane Hopper Williams in a Facebook post on Friday. Her mom’s lungs were wracked by pneumonia from the virus. “She was struggling to get air, but we heard this loud and clear.”

Lying there, secure in her faith in God, Barbara assured Adriane that she would survive. Sadly, at 4:53 p.m., on March 26, she took her last breath.

Barbara Johnson Hopper (Facebook/Adriane Hopper)

A trailblazer, Hopper created the Tuskegee Laboratory and Learning Center, in Alabama, where her husband Dr. Cornelius Hopper, served as director of the John A. Andrew Memorial Hospital at Tuskegee Institute.

The pair moved to the Bay Area in 1979, where she became one of the East Bay’s top producing real estate agents, and Dr. Hopper served as Vice-President of the University of California System Health Affairs.

She was an active member in the African-American community, and attended the Church by the Side of the Road, in Berkeley.

“She was the one who brought people together, the ultimate party planner, a woman of class, honor and integrity, the one who inspired us to be better,” wrote Adriane. “She was my best friend, my mother and role model.”

Adriane gave a stark warning about the seriousness of the coronavirus.

“You do not want this hell,” she wrote. “My mother deserved to be surrounded by her family and not treated like a threat to someone’s life for getting near her.”

“I would never have thought in a million years that something like this could happen to my family, but it did and it can happen to yours too if you are not safe. Stay home. This virus doesn’t care about your race, class, religion, or life’s purpose. Don’t let this be your story too.”

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Why does severity of coronavirus symptoms vary?

Viral load is an important factor. It’s how much of the virus there is in your body at any point during an infection. The higher the viral load, the more virus you will potentially shed from your body, making you more infectious to others.

For coronavirus, the viral load is highest about five days after symptoms first appear. And some scientists think it’s the initial dose of virus you receive that’s important. If you’re infected with a small amount of virus, you’re more likely to develop a mild illness. But if you’re infected with a lot, you have a greater chance of developing severe symptoms.

It’s a major issue for health workers. They will be in very close contact with lots of infected people, raising their prospect of becoming infected when a patient’s viral load is at its peak. It’s why having access to protective kit is so important.

From the BBC

Looks like some people are getting that Wuhan fish scale and others getting shyt that's been stepped on a few times.
I mean it seems obvious but still amazing to think that something as simple as washing your hands and not touching your face may do a WHOLE LOT to minimize you getting sick or at least the worst of the disease. Unless you walk into someone's recent sneeze/cough cloud or something, it seems all the research shows the most common transmission is touching the face. Say if you have a shyt ton of the virus on your hands, if you just make sure not to unconsciously touch your face before you get to wash your hands then either you'll be straight or just get a little bit of the virus and only get a little ill. Just doing that will probably minimize how much, if any, viral load you get.

I know that a lot of people who have become new neat freaks and OCD about being clean. In my house, we now wash our hands every time we step into the house from outside or touch something from someone we don't know, like a package. We throw the package away outside after opening it outside and then come in and wash our hands. Multiply that by millions of people and we could be flattening the curve significantly just from that. Combine that with social distancing and like that article about Seattle, we could conquer this easily. People just need to learn to stop going to the fukking beach, church, and having parties in the mean time. :francis:

Daps
I mean it seems obvious but still amazing to think that something as simple as washing your hands and not touching your face may do a WHOLE LOT to minimize you getting sick or at least the worst of the disease. Unless you walk into someone's recent sneeze/cough cloud or something, it seems all the research shows the most common transmission is touching the face. Say if you have a shyt ton of the virus on your hands, if you just make sure not to unconsciously touch your face before you get to wash your hands then either you'll be straight or just get a little bit of the virus and only get a little ill. Just doing that will probably minimize how much, if any, viral load you get.

I know that a lot of people who have become new neat freaks and OCD about being clean. In my house, we now wash our hands every time we step into the house from outside or touch something from someone we don't know, like a package. We throw the package away outside after opening it outside and then come in and wash our hands. Multiply that by millions of people and we could be flattening the curve significantly just from that. Combine that with social distancing and like that article about Seattle, we could conquer this easily. People just need to learn to stop going to the fukking beach, church, and having parties in the mean time. :francis:

I suffer from slight OCD, so I've always been kind of a neat freak, habitually using sanitizer when out and making sure not to place the open palm section of my hand on surfaces. It can be a pain, though, guarding against impulsive reactions to something on our face. Because of allergies, my nose has been running, but I'm trying not to wipe away the snot with my hands. As nasty as it sounds, I'll take the inside of the shirt I'm wearing and wipe my nose with it if I don't have a napkin. :francis:

Daps
That's the scariest shyt about a I Am Legend scernio

These white folks be having exotic pets, snakes and tarantulas in cages

JoeExotic-1.jpg

Carole-Baskin.jpg

Damnit :snoop:

Read the comments. A car accident afterwards killed two people also

I don’t even get what was happening. Why were they driving that truck like that?

:wtf:

Pacni99a12

All Star
Daps
Ah ok. I didn't mean "here" in terms of location (US). We've got a ways to go, but Italy seems to be showing some good signs. Too many different states here doing their own thing and too many hard headed ass people. I'm happy with the leadership in Kentucky though.