COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
My condolences. It's crazy how this shyt is so aggressive on certain people. Are some folks getting hit with more severe strains? How does this happen?

Why does severity of coronavirus symptoms vary?

Viral load is an important factor. It’s how much of the virus there is in your body at any point during an infection. The higher the viral load, the more virus you will potentially shed from your body, making you more infectious to others.

For coronavirus, the viral load is highest about five days after symptoms first appear. And some scientists think it’s the initial dose of virus you receive that’s important. If you’re infected with a small amount of virus, you’re more likely to develop a mild illness. But if you’re infected with a lot, you have a greater chance of developing severe symptoms.

It’s a major issue for health workers. They will be in very close contact with lots of infected people, raising their prospect of becoming infected when a patient’s viral load is at its peak. It’s why having access to protective kit is so important.

From the BBC

Looks like some people are getting that Wuhan fish scale and others getting shyt that's been stepped on a few times.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
There is something off about that number

Right now the death rate is 1% ..2 million infected would lead to 20,000 deaths

Two things are possible :

1. This is just political cover for Trump to push back his Easter deadline .

2.This Virus is going to somehow mutate to something 10 times deadlier

I’m leading towards 1.
yep. aint no way we'll reach 100k in 4 weeks.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Why is this bytch even asking about ratings? :what:

Get her tf out.
I'm not watching because I can't stand to hear the guy talk. But I will say when I was watching I was getting annoyed at the media sometimes asking these gotcha and almost gossip like questions of the guy to bait him for some sort of reaction. We know he will take the bait and we already know his thinking is elementary but I'm honestly not trying to hear any of that petty political and gossip bullshyt right now. They need to be asking about how many ventilators are in production? When can we start to see them being sent out to states? etc.

The guy is a moron and sociopath with the ratings shyt but the media latches on to that shyt more than the important information that is needed right now.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Guy at my church has 6 kids. Plus foster kids. Had problem breathing yesterday and his wife took him to the hospital. On his way there he passed out. Admitted to the hospital and pneumonia in both lungs (Covid). Today I get a text he was put on a ventillator. An hour later, he died. He did have problems with asthma but nothing as serious as this. 36 years old.

R.I.P.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
They need to be asking about how many ventilators are in production? When can we start to see them being sent out to states? etc.

What's the point when he just makes it up as he goes along :heh:

You think you're gonna get legit facts and figures from Trump?

He'll just say they have "many many of the best quality ventilators being made by great American Companies" or something to that effect

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Guy at my church has 6 kids. Plus foster kids. Had problem breathing yesterday and his wife took him to the hospital. On his way there he passed out. Admitted to the hospital and pneumonia in both lungs (Covid). Today I get a text he was put on a ventillator. An hour later, he died. He did have problems with asthma but nothing as serious as this. 36 years old.

This is just sad on so many levels.