COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
To put how our numbers are climbing in more perspective.

United States Coronavirus: 100,392 Cases and 1,543 Deaths - Worldometer

It took 26 days for us to reach about 1000 deaths (beginning on Feb 29th when the first death was reported) . However from March 25th until now we are already at 1543 deaths in only 1.5 to 2 days. We are easily going to reach 2000 either tomorrow or the next day.

That is a crazy exponential increase. To reach the first 1000 it took us 26 days and to get another thousand it will only take approximately 3-4 days. shyt is crazy.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried searching for this buy can't really find anything. Let's say you breathe in second hand smoke from someone passing by who has the coronavirus, what are the chances you get it.

there’s probably no good answer or research for this.

if I had to assume I would say this. You taking in the smoke likely did not/would not increase your chance of getting it. But the same way you’d want to stay away from someone that was smoking to avoid smelling or inhaling that smoke, I would stay 6 feet away from EVERYONE in public if possible.

I say this because no one truly knows about how this thing aerosolises. Either the majority of people are getting it because it’s resilient on surfaces or because of that PLUS some type of aerolisation effect.

I think it’s both because I’m sure healthcare workers are using sterilisation techniques but many are getting sick. I think this is because they are treating patients in positive pressure rooms and aerosolised droplets are entering their mucous members (their eyes in many cases if they are only wearing a mask but no eyewear or visor shields)

here’s an interesting analogy from Dr. Lindsey Marr, an aerosol scientist at VaTech

“If you imagine someone who is smoking and you’re close to them, you’re right in that puff of smoke,” Marr said. “But if you’re farther away, you’re much more dilute so that’s the idea of kind of staying away from someone, that things will get more dilute. But of course, if you’re in a small, confined space then those aerosols can be more concentrated and I think there’s a higher risk in that system.”

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
To put how our numbers are climbing in more perspective.

United States Coronavirus: 100,392 Cases and 1,543 Deaths - Worldometer

It took 26 days for us to reach about 1000 deaths (beginning on Feb 29th when the first death was reported) . However from March 25th until now we are already at 1543 deaths in only 1.5 to 2 days. We are easily going to reach 2000 either tomorrow or the next day.

That is a crazy exponential increase. To reach the first 1000 it took us 26 days and to get another thousand it will only take approximately 3-4 days. shyt is crazy.
That's because it takes up to two weeks for the symptoms to start showing. They gradually get worse then people end up in the hospital. The first few waves of people that got infected are dying so the number is rapidly climbing. With all these stay at home orders in place those numbers are likely to drop off in a few more weeks.

All the people dying now caught this before anything was done to try and contain the spread. What's also likely to happen is all those red state governors that refuse to do the stay at home orders are gonna see their rates climb when the others fall off so it could balance out.

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
What other symptoms do you have?
Cough, but I’ve had it since February. Had sneezing,sore throat, and chills a few weeks ago but no fever. I’m from the south and I have bad allergies but this my first year in Cali so idk what’s what :yeshrug: feels like I had the flu at some point this year but I’ve never had the flu.

Yep if you don't feel right you better off lying and say you're having trouble catching your breath and having tightness in your chest. But even then. Of course if you're perfectly fine don't be doing that
Yea like bro said they checked my oxygen lvls and all that and cane back clear. I felt worse in February but I went to the hospital around 2 weeks ago, cause my roommates were getting ‘noid about me throwing up that Wednesday after the quarantine started. The 16th I think
then you test positive and get sent home
Got a client whose a doctor who said exactly that. If you not down bad they gonna tell you to KIM, they got higher priorities. I get it

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I just went to my grocery store in Studio City for the first time since pandemic was declared. I was out of town for a month until last Thursday. It was very erie...had to wait in line until <50 customers inside. Most people had masks, 4 packages of TP left, every thing you really wanted was kinda picked through:francis:

you could sense the uneasiness of every one trying to find things that are out of stock. We’re nowhere near the peak and it’s like this already?:lupe: