Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Kinda frustrated because the stuff is steady changing, just got out of a three hr meeting where it was nothing but julezing and babble from the CDC mgr, they are shifting us to airborne precautions after telling us for weeks it was droplet.

It can stay in the air for up to 8hrs now which is a game changer..

They are giving us hazard pay now but it’s not about the money. It’s more so as health care workers we are trying to fight something that’s steady changing.

Cases are popping up all over Dallas hospitals now and they are shipping them to us because we have a lot of isolation rooms. Not really seeing a lot peds cases which is good.

@winb83

The powers that be look at it from a population point of view. We need to look at this from an individual (family) POV. The privileged can to a greater extent afford to be wrong about the population risks. As individuals (families) we are less able to do be wrong about the individual (family) risk.

With that in mind stock up on food :manny: and cash :manny: .

EXAMPLE: from an exclusively population POV it's better to return to work as the total collapse of society should be avoided. From an exclusively individualistic POV it is better to stay at home if possible. From a population POV lower risk aerosolized transmission might possibly be ignored but from an individual POV it's in your own interests to mitigate for it. Same with buying food / takeaways.

EDIT: Avoid elevators - even empty ones, public transport, taxis ... etc

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
From what I have read / seen that is not true.

Aerosolization to that degree also happens when you flush the toilet especially when you have diarrhea (one of the covid19 symptoms).

In my original post I did qualify my point by adding "test conditions" so in any case I don't think that your "no" applies.

The study used "Aerosols (<5 μm) containing SARS-CoV-2 (105.25 50% tissue-culture infectious dose [TCID50] per milliliter) or SARS-CoV-1 (106.75-7.00 TCID50 per milliliter) were generated with the use of a three-jet Collison nebulizer and fed into a Goldberg drum to create an aerosolized environment".

Looking at this logically why would the lancet publish (and the study originators test) with a droplet size which is smaller than that produced by humans ? That would be a pretty basic error would it not?

Any we have this Characterizations of particle size distribution of the droplets exhaled by sneeze :ufdup:look at col 5 "results".

2yGOdP0.png

Based on what I have read I think we need to be cautious about airborne transmission.
New coronavirus may spread as an airborne aerosol, like SARS | Live Science
aerosol transmission of SARS-CoV-2 appears "plausible," the authors wrote — but several key questions remain unanswered.
"We still don't know how high a concentration of viable SARS-CoV-2 is needed in practice to infect a human being, though this is something we are looking to model in the future," co-author Dylan Morris, a graduate student in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at Princeton University, told Live Science in an email. Morris and his colleagues tested whether viral particles from aerosols could infect cells grown in the lab, not actual human beings. More important, even if aerosol transmission can occur, it's unlikely to be the primary force driving the current pandemic, Morris added.

"The current scientific consensus is that most transmission via respiratory secretions happens in the form of large respiratory droplets ... rather than small aerosols," he said. "Droplets, fortunately, are heavy enough that they don't travel very far" and instead fall from the air after traveling only a few feet.
Until the science proves otherwise I'm going to continue to believe the main way you're going to catch this is being too close to someone when they cough/sneeze and a distant second way is contamination of your hands then placing the virus too close to your mouth, nose, or eyes.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Ozdagawd no followers open page. You won't see crazy shyt but imma live to this store

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
New coronavirus may spread as an airborne aerosol, like SARS | Live Science

Until the science proves otherwise I'm going to continue to believe the main way you're going to catch this is being too close to someone when they cough/sneeze and a distant second way is contamination of your hands then placing the virus too close to your mouth, nose, or eyes.

Ok cool but that was not my point.

My point was that your OP where you suggested "that the virus falls quickly to the floor" was and is incorrect.

It seems like you agree with that now.

:ufdup:One of the suggested (by me) symptoms of CV is the inability to say "yes you are right". Get tested.