COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Talked to my mom when I woke. Thankfully, she already is on the "fukk you, give me a mask" train when I mentioned it. She corrected me that before this they always were able to just use the normal masks but she said given that normal masks have been shown to not be fully protective, she is going to use her stock of N95 if she can convince the person overseeing them to give her a mask regardless of the requirements. She is also brought up where it was shown if you expose it to UV or heat you can extend the life of the masks and plans on doing that.

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

Wish him the best, but from everything I've heard....with this shyt you don't want to end up in a ventilator. Once you're at that point, your outlook isn't good. My mom said she spoke to an intensivist a week or so ago who said all his ventilated cases he saw which were just a few at the time were ending in death.

Cuomo said that Covid patients are staying on ventilators damn near a month. Longer than normal. Also this is another thing my mom brought up, which is that even in recoveries if you have pneumonia people are still showing lung damage after it is all said and done. She brought up they are seeing the following in patients which damages your lungs at what she said the "evali level" whatever that means.
Ground-glass opacity - Wikipedia

edit: looked it up, its "alveoli" according to that link.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Imma be honest, I dont think Coronavirus is trending quite how I thought it would. Italy is putting a slow stop to it.... China and South Korea contained it.... US is seeing a sharp increase, partially because we've increased testing. But we're seeing such a low deathrate

Here's the way I see it right now: In my city, its roughly doubling every week

300 next week

850 week after

Thats about how it moves. thats 6 weeks of social distancing, and warm weather. Can the Corona Virus stay exponential for 6 weeks?

Im guessing its in the 500k range in Italy, same in Iran. That's still under 1% of the population.

If current trends continue, we will see Italy contain the virus within a couple weeks.

With social distancing, Coronavirus is not touching more then 1 percent of the population.

I think the US will see between 10-50k deaths. Trump might be a moron, but he's not the one who decides whether or not businesses stay open. Trump does not have the power to fukk this up completely.

And most of his constituents are operating in warm states - they just might not get the brunt of the Coronavirus :yeshrug:

Cali, NY and Illinois will get hit the hardest. They all have sensible governors

Still an extremely serious matter and worth dealing with a recession. I dont think its an existential threat

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Brehs need to stay calm and relax. A lot of people's minds playing tricks on em right now. Any little discomfort they feel they start thinking they got corona. The likelihood of you catching it is still low. And the likelihood that you will have a serious case is EXTREMELY low. You guys really need to understand how badly stress can compromise your immune systems. You catch something on the wrong day and it can be the difference between being asymptomatic or being sick as a dog. Even one bad night of sleep can you leave your system vulnerable.

Go watch a flick. Read a book. Meditate. Occupy your mind with something other than Death. That shyt is not healthy for the mind. I see plenty of y'all talking about you feeling under the weather. This is what happens when your body is stressed. You're gonna start feeling like shyt. And then you just start stressing even more when you really just need to stay composed.

This is what you really need to look at. 95% of all recorded cases are mild. And when you take into account all of the unrecorded cases it's probably closer to 99%. So stop sitting around stressing all day. My condolences to anybody who's been directly effected by this, but you're not doing yourself any good by being paranoid all day. You're just gonna leave yourself even more at risk. Then if you catch some shyt now everybody around you is compromised. Right now more than ever is when you have to keep your mind strong. You most likely won't catch this shyt. But if you do then you better have your body in fighting shape. That way you can dikk slap this virus back to where it came from. This virus preys on easy targets and runs away from strong ones. So really it ain't shyt but a coward. And you don't ever let a coward put fear in your heart. Now is not the time to be weak. It's time to tool up.

4-A198-D8-A-46-C8-4559-95-B7-9-DD9-CA4-D5-BE7.jpg

Best post in the entire thread

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
My parents are in the DR. A good friend of ours is an official driver mostly drives rich people to and from the airport, the capital etc.

They instituted a curfew and last night he was driving a client and they were pulled over and detained until the police got word that he had official permission to be driving. Driving an official “cab” and having a proper license wasn’t enough.

Now the DR is the kinda place where you can be driving while slugging back a bottle of rum and they’ll let you go with a warning and a small bribe.

No one there has ever seen anything taken seriously like this before.

Meanwhile you got people like Clay Travis, the governor of MS and the orange buffoon himself over here....

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
I took my mom to shop for groceries this morning, and this chick was trying to preach about how this virus isn’t a big deal and the media is blowing this out of portion. I never wanted to tell someone so bad to get the fukk out of my face. People was walking around coughing with no fukks given.

We not going to make it because the average human is an idiot. :francis: