COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
For those who were asking about Russia
Putin says Russia can beat virus in two-three months as flights halted, shops to shut

Tom Balmforth, Maria Kiselyova
3 MIN READ

MOSCOW (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday he hoped Russia would defeat coronavirus in 2-3 months if it imposed tough measures, as authorities suspended international flights, ordered most shops in the capital to shut and halted some church services.

Russian President Vladimir Putin takes part in a video link, held by leaders from the Group of 20 to discuss the coronavirus pandemic and its economic impacts, at his residence outside Moscow, Russia March 26, 2020. Sputnik/Alexei Druzhinin/Kremlin via REUTERS
Russia reported 182 new coronavirus cases, its biggest one-day rise yet, bringing its official tally to 840.

Authorities in the capital and the region that surrounds it announced the closure of all cafes, restaurants and shops, apart from those selling food and medicine, beginning on Saturday and lasting at least until April 5.

RELATED COVERAGE
Although the case load is still much lower than in many European countries, the mayor of Moscow told Putin on Tuesday that the real scale of the problem in the capital far exceeded official figures
Just like with China probably, I don't think we're getting accurate information with what is happening in Russia. Either they are being dishonest or they simply haven't really been proactive in addressing it, until now.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
This won't get a ton of daps tho
Eh... I would have to see the statement in context and not trying to focus on only the negative but testing negative now means either you got over it and its no longer in your system (GOOD!) or its just not your turn yet :yeshrug:

The data, however, doesn't show this slowing down at all. Them the facts. Especially if preventative measures are half-assed or not taken at all. Do you want more good news than bad overall? Then folks need to start taking isolating themselves and social distancing more seriously. Including our government. This doesn't seem like a problem you can just sit on your hands and hope for the best. That is a sure way to make sure most of the future news is more bad than good.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
How the hell are soldiers going to war armed to the teeth...and nurses and doctors all over the world not having gowns and masks? How much could it possibly cost to produce one measly mask as opposed to an AK47? We truly need a 360 change in our attitudes.
Weapons manufacturers get blank checks to figure out a million new ways to kill muthafukkers. Healthcare ain’t a top priority, this pandemic was coming sooner or later. The world was warned time and again, they didn’t heed the warnings and those that did, got their funding cut and plans ignored. The CDC should be getting as much money as possible.

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
ItBrYYm.jpg

Hampton gettin' lit :mjgrin:

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps

yeah.. they testing a lot of the rich, athletes, musicians, actors etc with no symptoms meanwhile tons of people with 9/10 symptoms can’t even get a test unless we have traveled or end up in the ICU

i just called a local testing center to go get tested, she told me that the criteria to be tested is the following:

symptoms accompanied by and or

traveling
healthcare worker
have been in contact with someone who has it/had it

Rand Paul had zero symptoms and got a test, but i have all these symptoms similar to what covid-19 patients have been feeling and or going through and i can’t get one? BS

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
yeah.. they testing a lot of the rich, athletes, musicians, actors etc with no symptoms meanwhile tons of people with 9/10 symptoms can’t even get a test unless we have traveled or end up in the ICU

i just called a local testing center to go get tested, she told me that the criteria for me to be tested is the following:

symptoms accompanied by or

traveling
healthcare worker
have been in contact with someone who has it/had it

Rand Paul had zero symptoms and got a test, but i have all these symptoms similar to what covid-19 patients have been feeling and or going through and i can’t get one?

Rand Paul is a sitting Senator who's actually at risk due to an assault by his neighbor that left him with 1 and 1/2 lungs.

---

Superstar
Daps
How the hell are soldiers going to war armed to the teeth...and nurses and doctors all over the world not having gowns and masks? How much could it possibly cost to produce one measly mask as opposed to an AK47? We truly need a 360 change in our attitudes.

All the loser named Trump has to do is nationalize some companies to start making medical equipment such as gown and mask.

The ICU equipment is more complicated but mask and gown should be cranking about by the millions daily.