COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You saw what the MS governor said. My mother was telling me about how the healthcare system down there, no surprise, is lacking and on top of that, there is a large number of black folks who are around the Mississippi Delta in particular who due to the lack of access to medical care basically live with illnesses and without treatment for them. That is the level of poverty in the state among black folks. She also mentioned there is a large number of HIV+ individuals in that state.

The MS governor is one of the main ones currently in Trump's ear saying "We need to get back to work" and told his the population that we are never shutting down and becoming like "China and North Korea" whatever the fukk that means...

When the death rate in Mississippi surpasses 3k in itself and has more deaths than 9/11, those comments would eat his career away

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Damn, I stayed away from this thread and this board for the whole evening, come back and it's hell. :francis:

When the market falls off a cliff tomorrow, Trump will be must see TV. Maybe he'll do something. His only motivation is the stock market and his own ego.

Did I read correctly? DC is under lockdown for 2 months? I been here 2 weeks and I'm losing my mind. Can't imagine 2 months. More layoffs coming.

nikkas gonna say fukk it and take their chances out here...
Its gonna get ugly

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
He wasn’t taking it seriously.. :stopitslime:

He was warned about how serious it was in January.. and said it was gonna just disappear. He could’ve prepped way better in terms of medical supplies, tests, ventilators etc instead he “waited it out” until weee now in this crisis

Okay. So let's move past the publications thirsty for clicks. Here is an actual timeline of events. Does this seem like someone who wasn't concerned?
White House grapples with the coronavirus outbreak: A timeline

You can blame him for being naively hopeful-- but NO ONE outside of China, SK, and Taiwan were doing close to what we were in response.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
shyt is about to get ugly not only with the virus but with the fallout of jobs being lost and people being desperate, I anticipate a rise in robberies and home invasions due to people out here starving, protect yourself at all costs

That would be the dumbest move, though. I can see a lot of potential robbers and starving people trying to do home invasions, and getting clapped in the process by the owners of the property. As in, a lot of starving people try to rob and kill, and never returning home alive. :huhldup: . Especially when owners are now home 24/7 due to the crisis.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This hurts and hits close to home.

Mass General Hospital has a special place in my heart. When I was a senior in HS after a lot of pain, discomfort and realizing something was really wrong in my left leg, I was screened and they found a softball size tumor growing in between the tibia and the fibula. Was fast tracked to Mass General and within two months had the world's leading group of doctors specializing in osteochondroma (tumors growing off of bones) working on my leg.

Shout out to Dr. Hornacek and the rest of the team.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
This hurts and hits close to home.

Mass General Hospital has a special place in my heart. When I was a senior in HS after a lot of pain, discomfort and realizing something was really wrong in my left leg, I was screened and they found a softball size tumor growing in between the tibia and the fibula. Was fast tracked to Mass General and within two months had the world's leading group of doctors specializing in osteochondroma (tumors growing off of bones) working on my leg.

Shout out to Dr. Hornacek and the rest of the team.

I’ve heard great things about that hospital. I posted a study earlier from that hospital about how an off pH balance can affect the severity of viruses in its hosts.

i’m about an hour and some change from Boston. I’m in springfield but know tons of Nurses who are really scared about this virus, bringing it home to their families, the lack of masks etc The hospital i went to last night, the flu symptoms emergency room i was placed in, was empty.. but i can just imagine how crazy it’s going to be in a couple weeks. Mass is seeing a fast growth in cases, just yesterday.. almost 700 new cases in 24 hours. we’re 3rd in the counter with fastest growth in a state, behind NY & NJ. and what a lot of people don’t realize is, a lot people here have family in NY and travel to NY frequently, so who knows how many people went to NY, got it, brought it back with them. Mass is going to end up real bad