COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Which Covid-19 drugs work best?

The data: While favipiravir, an antiviral made by Toyama Chemical (part of Fuji Film), generated hopeful headlines, the report from doctors at China’s Wuhan University makes more modest claims. They organized a study of 240 “ordinary” patients (meaning they had pneumonia but were not the worst cases) around Hubei province. Half got favipiravir and half got umifenovir (or Arbidol), an antiviral used in Russia, and they were watched to see which group recovered faster. The doctors found that patients’ fevers and coughs went away faster on favipiravir, but similar numbers in each group ended up needing oxygen or a ventilator. On the basis of these findings, they concluded that favipiravir is the “preferred” of the two drugs.

Medcram takes a look at this BCG Vaccine used against TB and the possibility of it giving some innate immunity against Covid-19

10:30 mark

This Vaccine Could Save Health Care Workers’ Lives Now

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
He called the Democrats depiction of his response to the virus a hoax. Not the virus itself. And a couple weeks ago he had already banned travel from China, Europe, and established quarantines for incoming travelers.

He wasn’t taking it seriously.. :stopitslime:

He was warned about how serious it was in January.. and said it was gonna just disappear. He could’ve prepped way better in terms of medical supplies, tests, ventilators etc instead he “waited it out” until weee now in this crisis

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn, I stayed away from this thread and this board for the whole evening, come back and it's hell. :francis:

When the market falls off a cliff tomorrow, Trump will be must see TV. Maybe he'll do something. His only motivation is the stock market and his own ego.

Did I read correctly? DC is under lockdown for 2 months? I been here 2 weeks and I'm losing my mind. Can't imagine 2 months. More layoffs coming.