COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I keep seeing pictures of people saying they're young and are in good health, but they look about 30/40 lbs overweight :dwillhuh:
Ya breh average American is overweight and has high blood pressure. Take the media reports of perfectly healthy young people dropping dead with a grain of salt. Can it happen of course anything can happen in medicine but more than likely they patient had underlying co morbidities (overweight/obesity/HTN/HLD/undiagnosed sleep apnea, pulmonary htn)

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:huhldup:
He's really pressing on this. Honestly, I understand the fear of the country falling into chaos with an economy in shambles-- but at this point you're going to get the same result if people riot over being forced to work and jeopardizing their health. It's a true Catch 22.
I’m sure the people who can work at home/ want to quarantine can work at home and the people who need to go make a living will go. I think it’s idiotic to end the quarantine but i can see the side of a family not making ends meet and wanting to go out and work. It’s a really really tough situation which could have been avoided if we planned properly for this months ago

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
:huhldup:
He's really pressing on this. Honestly, I understand the fear of the country falling into chaos with an economy in shambles-- but at this point you're going to get the same result if people riot over being forced to work and jeopardizing their health. It's a true Catch 22.

He's trying to reignite his fan base. For the most part they don't live in the hardest hit cities. So they're not seeing how much devastation this can bring. They're out in the Midwest and South thinking this really ain't shyt, so yeah let's get back to work. Now if this takes over all of America it's going to backfire

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I’m sure the people who can work at home/ want to quarantine can work at home and the people who need to go make a living will go. I think it’s idiotic to end the quarantine but i can see the side of a family not making ends meet and wanting to go out and work. It’s a really really tough situation which could have been avoided if we planned properly for this months ago
Folks have to stop saying this. Look at the world. No one "planned properly" for this. The world is suffering not just the US. The focus is always on us because the other countries are basically children who rely on the US to lead. Unfortunately we don't have the most poised leader for the scenario. :francis:

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I watched a couple of videos over the weekend about China’s wet markets and other bizarre foods:picard:

I’ve been vegetarian since:hhh:

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
because they’ve been turned into trump rallies since he can’t do them right now. unless there’s experts up there speaking, i don’t watch. not supporting that propaganda.

Word. When they announced that one is starting shortly, I turned the channel with a quickness. Can’t deal with the stupidity anymore

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
He's trying to reignite his fan base. For the most part they don't live in the hardest hit cities. So they're not seeing how much devastation this can bring. They're out in the Midwest and South thinking this really ain't shyt, so yeah let's get back to work. Now if this takes over all of America it's going to backfire
Like I said, if the trend continues it's not absurd to think we will be several hundred dead if not approaching a 1000 dying a day by Easter. Always have to preface in saying I'm not fearmongering. Just that the data shows we are on an exponential growth of a logistic curve. This means everyday you're multiplying the previous day's death totals by a constant greater than one which means each day is going to be an increase of growth.

If we are at 1000 deaths a day the reality is going to be hard for Trump to ignore. Not that I'm wishing this happens but just picture in your mind the news saying 1000 died of this in one day the day before. :yeshrug: How do you get enough people comfortable to go back to normal life without thinking some major shyt is happening? I don't see it. Even Trump supporters will have to admit that will be a hard choice to make.

Also keep in mind our lock downs have been really half assed outside of maybe Cali. We aren't even matching Italy in preventative measures right now where they have to get literal permission to leave the house to get groceries.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
From what I seen the media is getting all their info from doctors. Even Trump's doctor on his team doesn't agree with him. He kept saying trump's plan has to be flexible. So how is the media's fault? What point do you see?

I’m just saying I can see a scenario where things are being exaggerated ... or where this shut down can be prolonged ..... so trumps election success can take a big hit (I think he will win by a landslide anyway)

either way he’s in A lose lose tho.