COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Public transit is one of the biggest “spreaders” of this virus. All the dense cities with public transit are a breading ground for this virus.

but it’s needed
We got a email that parking lots downtown have offered our hospital staff free parking

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Public transit is one of the biggest “spreaders” of this virus. All the dense cities with public transit are a breading ground for this virus.
That may be true and I feel what @NobodyReally said. I think nyc has the biggest subway system in the country and world. But Chicago has a major subway system also and they numbers are still low. Granted who knows how many tests they been doing or what's going on over there but I know they got a lot of people there and the subway could be a breeding ground for viruses, especially that red line. What about other cities around the world? Anyone finding any correlation between public transit systems? How would this affect the future since people need to rely on these systems to get around? Hopefully they get cleaned more often but all it takes is one infected to do major damage.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
nEZFb94l.jpg

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That may be true and I feel what @NobodyReally said. I think nyc has the biggest subway system in the country and world. But Chicago has a major subway system also and they numbers are still low. Granted who knows how many tests they been doing or what's going on over there but I know they got a lot of people there and the subway could be a breeding ground for viruses, especially that red line. What about other cities around the world? Anyone finding any correlation between public transit systems? How would this affect the future since people need to rely on these systems to get around? Hopefully they get cleaned more often but all it takes is one infected to do major damage.

Thing is Chicago May be behind New York. They might have reacted quicker. I don’t know but the subway system in new York is overcrowded. It traps one so many germs from the bars to people sneezing and yawning in your face. We willl see how it goes but just a theory. I stopped getting sick every winter when I started driving to work.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Yeah. But here in DC, hardly anyone is taking the trains or buses. Metro said 61k people used metro on Monday. A regular day was over 600k. Big part on why they closing stations.