COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
CDC said that 40 percent of hospitalizations are young people
Younger Adults Make Up Big Portion of Coronavirus Hospitalizations in U.S.

Folks talking about Young people not dying. Like breh I don't want to end up in the ICU either. If I have to quarantine just to avoid that, I'm cool. I work remotely right now anyways so its not a hard choice for me:yeshrug:

Breh the article admits that the young people could just be an outlier. A word I used earlier.

The report included no information about whether patients of any age had underlying risk factors, such as a chronic illness or a compromised immune system. So, it is impossible to determine whether the younger patients who were hospitalized were more susceptible to serious infection than most others in their age group.

But experts said that even if younger people in the report were medical outliers, the fact that they were taking up hospital beds and space in intensive care units was significant.

Young people (Generation Z in particular) are the largest single age demographic in America.

We're damn near the opposite of Italy in that regard.

That would obviously play a role in who is going to the hospital.

Not to mention they're lumping in 4 damn generations (Z, Millennials, X, and Boomers) in their "young" category. :dahell:

40's, early 50's ain't no "young adult". :dahell:

Don't get me wrong I think young people should stay the fukk at home but like I said, they're gearing info towards young people because of shyt like Spring Break, etc.

Fred.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

“In the mortality data that has been provided to us, there has been no child under 15 that has succumbed to the virus in Europe,” Dr. Deborah Birx, White House coronavirus response coordinator, said during a White House briefing on Monday. “There was the one 14-year-old in China. So we still see that there is less severity in children, and so that should be reassuring to the moms and dads out there.”

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Is it possible that most of us have it and this shyt right now is the 2nd wave?

No bc the coronavirus has a big hospitalized rate .

Unless the CDC, China and WHO are lying, this "1st wave" shouldve overwhelmed our hospital system if it existed

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Call me stupid or whatever you want but I don't doubt it. Up to now I've seen nobody on the coli that knows anyone with the virus. All I'm seeing is a bunch of he say she say and "reports". I put that in quotes because even a citizen came out and said that they false reported his grandmother dying of corona

There has actually been a few people on here that said they got it. Also people that know family members with it.

I guess this is the part where you claim they're lying but :manny: the info is sitting right there in the stickied thread. Has been for a couple days now.

Fred.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
full