Courtdog won: Cuphead went double plat with no features

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I'm surprised a game with this visual style is such a success, but that's awesome. I think the game looks beautiful. They completely nailed the whole vibe of cartoons from that era. The animation, the backgrounds, the characters, the music... :wow:

I hear it's tough :lupe: but I'll probably get it on Steam whenever there's a sale for it.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Cuphead IS an indie game. Cuphead doesn't have mad advertisements or anything like that. It had some trailers at game shows and that's pretty much it. It's mostly known because the fans of popular streamers kept requesting them to play it.
Why is everyone quoting me to tell me that's false?

1155.gif
Where did those fans hear about the game?

It was showed at e3, Conan O'Brien show and various websites

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
It had no Denuvo or any other protection on PC...Would it really have did worse if it wasn't on PC?
Keep thinking regular people pirate games all the time.

11k people wrote a review on Steam. I dont know how many people who bought the game and wrote a review but I'd bet its around 15% at most

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Keep thinking regular people pirate games all the time.

11k people wrote a review on Steam. I dont know how many people who bought the game and wrote a review but I'd bet its around 15% at most
People who have gaming PCs (no you don't need a "gaming" PC for Cuphead) typically aren't what you're considering "regular people". If you have a gaming PC more than likely you know a little more than the average person about "pirating" games and something like Cuphead will be snatched up. Maybe you should look into a Reddit crack thread or check out a crack forum... you'd be surprised