Countries You Didn't Know Were Full Of Black Ppl

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Argentinians all but decimated their black populations over the centuries. They had an agressive immigration policy to bring in Europeans as a way to "whiten" the country (especially Italians, Spaniards and Germans post WW2 :mjpls:). Also there was some war they fought down there and they took advantage of that by sending black soldiers to a near certain death.

Middle-East is the first place where enslaved Africans were sent, long before the transatlantic slavery happened. Arab-Muslim slavery started like 7 centuries before the Chiristian-European one. So to this day you have certain populations that retain that heritage and some of the phenotypes. All the way further to Iran or India.
most of the Black DNA in those populations is from the Black mothers not fathers which tells you something... there was a lot of rape. combine that with the fact that they used to castrate Black men in some of those nations... No other Black populations that spread around the world have their Black genetics primarily from women only not men.

I want them to have explain this history one day :mjpls:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Argentina not only eradicated Black people (had a Black genocide) they welcomed and harbored a lot of nazis to the point that they have huge germanic ancestry
Along with Spanish and Italian fascists and American confederates. A motley crew of :mjpls:. Obviously not all or even most of them were right wing fugitives but a disturbingly sizeable number.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Given its promixity to Africa, the Middle-East had Africans there before slavery. For those who don't know.

True. It's interesting how a lot of people know about some population movements but not others, and that there's this widespread notion that Africa was somewhat "isolated" from the rest of the world. When you look at a map it's obvious there would be movement both ways across the Red Sea and through Egypt.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Argentina not only eradicated Black people (had a Black genocide) they welcomed and harbored a lot of nazis to the point that they have huge germanic ancestry

A lot off those "eradicated" Blacks went to Uruguay.

A good portion off Black Uruguayan can trace their ancestry back to Buenos Aires and that Region.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
btw I don’t think Panamanians are considered garifunas but a lot of their blackness comes from Caribbean cats building the Panama Canal.

Garifunas are from the Caribbean, they originated from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, or Yurumein as they called it. They are a mixed race of Africans and Kalinago (Carib).

They were exiled to Central America by the British. Besides Honduras, you'll also find them in Belize, Guatemala, and Roatan Island.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Garifunas are from the Caribbean, they originated from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, or Yurumein as they called it. They are a mixed race of Africans and Kalinago (Carib).

They were exiled to Central America by the British. Besides Honduras, you'll also find them in Belize, Guatemala, and Roatan Island.

Didn’t know this part. I have some vincy in the fam. Nice to know

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
For anybody who ever traveled or just been surprised by how many brehs or brehettes you've seen in a certain community this is the thread

I've been flying alot lately and I'm genuinely surprised to see how many Black Hondurans exist out there. Like fully black, beautiful Honduran women who speak perfect English like West Indians with he accent and all.
Caught me totally off guard they got whole cities that are just Afrohonduran, and they're generally cool ass people. I always thought Panama was the only Central American country like that. I'm tryna hit up this place called Roatan out there after I get my vacation.
In LA at least in my age bracket there was plenty of black people from Honduras,.Belize, and central america. My personal experience thought was going to Montreal as a kid in 92 and being blown away by the large population of black people :wow:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Not too sure but garifunas are almost like Puerto Ricans in a sense that they don’t do well passing Spanish down to their off springs. Taxstones, Casanova (Panama), Coach da ghost (Guatemala) and Pop Smoke (Panama) all look like English was more widely influenced in their background.

Even Belizean people they just sound like Jamaicans to me. But they aren’t Spanish to begin with anyway.

btw I don’t think Panamanians are considered garifunas but a lot of their blackness comes from Caribbean cats building the Panama Canal.
Pop Smoke's mother is Jamaican. Also, seeing as though, his last name was Jackson. His dad most likely has Afro-Caribbean roots (quite possibly Jamaican).

I guess you mean they look Asian cause they aren’t asians at all.

Uzbekistan another country close to Russia has people that look Asian too. A lot of them live by me in brooklyn. I was confused when I saw that and thought I was on shrooms
They are Asian. Siberia is in ASIA and they are the indigenous people of Siberia. The Slavic Russians that live in Siberia aren't the natives.

Also, Uzbekistan is in ASIA. The population is Eurasian though. Most of them look more East Asian but some look more European/Eastern European.

They’re speaking Russian in the video tho.

Btw I saw a similar video. I heard if you get stuck in your car you can literally die. But they are so used to it so I guess it’s not as problematic as we think it is lol
They're speaking Russian because they live in Russia. Russia is a transcontinental country (Europe & Asia), c'mon breh. You know this.

is in Africa

why did that shock you?
Yemen is in the Middle East.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Pop Smoke's mother is Jamaican. Also, seeing as though, his last name was Jackson. His dad most likely has Afro-Caribbean roots (quite possibly Jamaican).

They are Asian. Siberia is in ASIA and they are the indigenous people of Siberia. The Slavic Russians that live in Siberia aren't the natives.

Also, Uzbekistan is in ASIA. The population is Eurasian though. Most of them look more East Asian but some look more European/Eastern European.

They're speaking Russian because they live in Russia. Russia is a transcontinental country (Europe & Asia), c'mon breh. You know this.

Yemen is in the Middle East.

Actually you are right about Russia being on 2 continents. Something I always forget.

That sounds like most Panamanians. I don’t know much Panamanians that have a legit Afro relative that is from there and shipped there from slavery. From the ones I knew in Midwood. Jamaica, Barbados seem to be the 2 highest ancestries of the Panamanians I knew.

I think Casanova Panamanian background is Jamaican too

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Actually you are right about Russia being on 2 continents. Something I always forget.

That sounds like most Panamanians. I don’t know much Panamanians that have a legit Afro relative that is from there and shipped there from slavery. From the ones I knew in Midwood. Jamaica, Barbados seem to be the 2 highest ancestries of the Panamanians I knew.

I think Casanova Panamanian background is Jamaican too
I thought Cas was Haitian and Panamanian?

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps

A branch of the Kalinago still live in the hills in Trinbago.