Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Ramsey is so goddamn overrated.

Dude had 3 INTs his entire career. 0 last year while playing mostly CB. Looks and plays like a stiff on outside coverage.

And why the fukk would we draft another FS with the 4th overall pick when we're moving Byron Jones there.

You build a team through the trenches. That's why repeatedly drafting Oline was a damn good idea. You don't build defenses by drafting safeties. They're supposed to complement the players in front of them. And right now, most of those players are ass.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

Dude had 3 INTs his entire career. 0 last year while playing mostly CB. Looks and plays like a stiff on outside coverage.

And why the fukk would we draft another FS with the 4th overall pick when we're moving Byron Jones there.

You build a team through the trenches. That's why repeatedly drafting Oline was a damn good idea. You don't build defenses by drafting safeties. They're supposed to complement the players in front of them. And right now, most of those players are ass.
I agree with you, but safeties are important in our scheme. Our safety play has been horrendous since woody and Roy Will been gone.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol relax breh. Fs/ss doesnt matter anymore. Ramsey can tackle too. I think he'll be an elite safety by years end. We can fix secondary and trenches.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

:salute:This O-line is amazing to watch and even without spray tan they produced a 1k back. I'm strictly DL & LB when it comes to this draft, the Cowboys being "done" with Hardy leads me to believe we're going with Bosa. I still say Buckner looks like the more explosive player at DE and it's entirely possible Nkemdiche is there at 34:whoo:. I want Jack at #4 and a DE/DT at #34

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Jalen Ramsey is hot garbage.

Scouts just love his name and size. Literally nothing on his tape or stat sheet indicates anything near a top 15 pick.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
We're gonna have to stop being cheap in free agency and get some real different makers on that side. We'll have a ton of cap space at our disposal, we just have to get the right players.

Carr needs to take a massive paycut
Re-sign hardy to another 1 year incentive laden deal
Get a SS in here. Whether its Weddle or early draftpick, the Barry Church experiment needs to come to an end. He cant even tackle anymore
Draft a DT. This draft is deep at this position. Get a difference maker up front
Sign a vet corner. I said earlier get Janoris but he will be expensive. Just make sure its someone who can play Zone and Gets turnovers

In the draft, stay away from:
Myles Jack (small LB who was hurt in college and plays Lees position)
Joey Bosa (Greg Ellis 2.0)
Jalen Ramsey (another corner with lack of ints)
Buckner (only dominates lesser talent)

If im picking defense, im taking any of these players;

Jaylon Smith
Sheldon Rankins
Noah Spence
A'shawn Robinson
Robert Nkemdiche

You know it's all love bro, but good teams don't build spending bread in FA. Teams are built through the draft. We've gotten better at it (I mean it's no exact science). We should spend carefully in FA as usually, you overpay for lesser production. You very rarely hear about the Packers, Pats, Ravens, Steelers, and Seahawks spending big in FA. These teams draft very well and supplement everything else in FA and are always in the playoffs

I agree with you tho, we do need to put a couple dollars out there, but let's not break the bank for someone that probably won't match the money we give them (i.e. Carr). Even if Hardy were to come back (probably won't) it wouldn't be for a one year deal again, we gon have to pay him or at least offer more years at best...I don't think he's coming back tho. I think if we fix our defense up front, we instantly become a better team...just my $0.02 just hope we don't go qb at 4 tho

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I see too much Kenny Phillips in Jalen Ramsey as a S. And at Corner, at best he projects to be a Antonio Cromartie/Jimmy Smith type. Decent players but you can't spend a top 5 pick on that. I'm in favor of trading down, acquiring the extra 2nd rd pick and drafting the most dynamic defensive player available. We need an infusion of speed, dog, and athleticism at every level. I know a few people have said he's too small but if we stand pat at 4 Myles Jack would be my pick :yeshrug: In today's passing league you need that sideline to sideline speed

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Being a bit dramatic? Dude is far from garbage
Nah. I see nothing more than Dre Kirkpatrick in him.

Size and beating up on lesser college opponents got him a ton of hype. Sure, VH3 had a few bad games his season. He was playing hurt and was protecting himself for the draft, which impacted his performance and draft stock.

But leading up to this year, VH3 was regarded as one of the best CBs in the country. Even as a true freshman. Dominated the UA All American game. Comparisons to Joe Haden from a ton of scouts right now. Everybody wants to shyt on him for being too short but he's actually taller than Joe Haden.

Not every cornerback is going to have Sherman or Browner type of size. I just think it's ludicrous that a guy who's basically got it easy playing safety on a stacked team for 2 years (and still didn't put up overly impressive numbers) and then switched to CB and didn't get a single pick or demonstrate any sort of "lockdown" ability has apparently leapfrogged a guy who was the number 1 CB from day one and drew the toughest assignment on the field and absolutely killed it for 2.5 years. 10 INTs in 3 years for VH3 and that was with QBs avoiding his side of the field like the plague.

But hey, what do I know. This team apparently has Ramsey as the top prospect on the board.

Same war room that rated Claiborne as the best Corner since Deion.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
"Good teams don't build through FA"

Pats signed Browner and Revis. How'd they do?

Broncos signed Talib, Ware, Ward, Sanders. How'd they do?

There's no question you don't get the core of your franchise through FA. But you can def find championship pieces there. It's bullshyt to say otherwise.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
"Good teams don't build through FA"

Pats signed Browner and Revis. How'd they do?

Broncos signed Talib, Ware, Ward, Sanders. How'd they do?

There's no question you don't get the core of your franchise through FA. But you can def find championship pieces there. It's bullshyt to say otherwise.
Was going to say this. We have so many holes on this team, that we wont be able to fill solely in the draft. On top of that, rookies normally dont make a great impact year 1, so we're going to have to spend some money if we want to compete.