Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Daps
Kinda want to see what David Irving and Ryan Russell can give us, too. Both seem like guys that can kinda play on the outside - Russell more than Irving, I think. Other than that, sign one of Vernon, Mario or Ware and wait until Gregory comes back. The more guys who can get to the QB/create pressure the better.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
If this team takes a defensive end at 4 I'll go off, Bosa aint going to be the pro level talent cats think he is and you can quote me on that.

We dont know who is tho breh... lol

All I know is NOW we need DE..

And Ive learned off last year.. being out 4 games and thinking a player gonna come back and be a threat aint true..

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know i hated on Ramsey as a cb but id love to get him as a safety. I think hell be a great safety. I may even want him over Jack to be honest.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Gregory smoking more sacks than QB's doesn't open a need for us, DE was already a need. Gregory gave us jack shyt last year and Hardy fell off after the first few games. We needed a pass rusher this offseason/draft anyway,but I agree fukk Bosa, has bust written all over him.

Need to re-sign Hardy now but with this Gregory shyt his price def. just went up.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
With Gregory out 4 games and Lee's inability to stay healthy and injury free and our needed improvement with our secondary...I don't have too much hope for our D improving next season.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
With Gregory out 4 games and Lee's inability to stay healthy and injury free and our needed improvement with our secondary...I don't have too much hope for our D improving next season.
We're gonna have to stop being cheap in free agency and get some real different makers on that side. We'll have a ton of cap space at our disposal, we just have to get the right players.

Carr needs to take a massive paycut
Re-sign hardy to another 1 year incentive laden deal
Get a SS in here. Whether its Weddle or early draftpick, the Barry Church experiment needs to come to an end. He cant even tackle anymore
Draft a DT. This draft is deep at this position. Get a difference maker up front
Sign a vet corner. I said earlier get Janoris but he will be expensive. Just make sure its someone who can play Zone and Gets turnovers

In the draft, stay away from:
Myles Jack (small LB who was hurt in college and plays Lees position)
Joey Bosa (Greg Ellis 2.0)
Jalen Ramsey (another corner with lack of ints)
Buckner (only dominates lesser talent)

If im picking defense, im taking any of these players;

Jaylon Smith
Sheldon Rankins
Noah Spence
A'shawn Robinson
Robert Nkemdiche

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're gonna have to stop being cheap in free agency and get some real different makers on that side. We'll have a ton of cap space at our disposal, we just have to get the right players.

Carr needs to take a massive paycut
Re-sign hardy to another 1 year incentive laden deal
Get a SS in here. Whether its Weddle or early draftpick, the Barry Church experiment needs to come to an end. He cant even tackle anymore
Draft a DT. This draft is deep at this position. Get a difference maker up front
Sign a vet corner. I said earlier get Janoris but he will be expensive. Just make sure its someone who can play Zone and Gets turnovers

In the draft, stay away from:
Myles Jack (small LB who was hurt in college and plays Lees position)
Joey Bosa (Greg Ellis 2.0)
Jalen Ramsey (another corner with lack of ints)
Buckner (only dominates lesser talent)

If im picking defense, im taking any of these players;

Jaylon Smith
Sheldon Rankins
Noah Spence
A'shawn Robinson
Robert Nkemdiche
You dont think Ramsey can be a great safety? I do. Wed go from weak at safety to potentially great in one season. The d can easily be improved to a top 10 unit (legit top 10). Top corner, de, mlb in free agency. Draft a safety and a dt.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
We dodged a big bullet with Randle. Hope he gets some help. :wow:

Former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle was arrested Sunday for the fifth time in 17 months and the third time since being dropped by the NFL team in November.

Police apprehended Randle in his hometown of Wichita, Kansas, on three charges of aggravated battery, one count of drug possession and one count of criminal property damage.

On February 1, Randle was arrested on a speeding charge after showing up at the home of an ex-girlfriend near Dallas, taken into custody after an outstanding misdemeanor warrant was discovered.

Ex-Cowboy rusher arrested for fifth time in 17 months

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
You dont think Ramsey can be a great safety? I do. Wed go from weak at safety to potentially great in one season. The d can easily be improved to a top 10 unit (legit top 10). Top corner, de, mlb in free agency. Draft a safety and a dt.
He will be a good safety, but him and Jones play the same position.

Unless you want to put Jones at Corner :jbhmm:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
We dodged a big bullet with Randle. Hope he gets some help. :wow:

Former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle was arrested Sunday for the fifth time in 17 months and the third time since being dropped by the NFL team in November.

Police apprehended Randle in his hometown of Wichita, Kansas, on three charges of aggravated battery, one count of drug possession and one count of criminal property damage.

On February 1, Randle was arrested on a speeding charge after showing up at the home of an ex-girlfriend near Dallas, taken into custody after an outstanding misdemeanor warrant was discovered.

Ex-Cowboy rusher arrested for fifth time in 17 months
I feel u but our team had so many more issues that goes way beyond Randle and RB position this past season.

I had high hopes for Randle. The few caries he had in the 2014 season look good and he did seem to hit the hole quicker than Murray...but Murray was able to handle the workload and he worked with our OL and system. Randle did say that Murray left a lot of meat on the bone and I wanted Randle to do well along with Run DMC. Sad to see a bruh go out like this.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man if we tryna go all in for a superbowl, Im down for getting Treadwell. as we've seen the past couple of years, good recievers are able to contribute immediately in most cases. db's usually take time. Bosa would be interesting. Jaylon Smith is a no since he wont be ready. Myles Jack would be interesting. A QB is worse case scenario for me.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He will be a good safety, but him and Jones play the same position.

Unless you want to put Jones at Corner :jbhmm:
I think in todays nfl there are no set safety positions. I would put ramsey as (strong safety) since he seems more disruptive. Just think. Scandrick, Trumaine Johnson, Byron and Ramsey. :feedme:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Mike Fisher just said Hardy is not coming back. Interesting to see them make this decision now after the Gregory news. Wonder what's the plan.