Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We must have watched two different games. Cause the game I watched I saw James White get loose in one on one like 5 times in a row and Brady either outright threw a bad pass or was under pressure so fast he was throwing off his back foot .

Without those two things James White would have had at least 3 touchdown catches yesterday :yeahok:
I saw bad passes due to guys not being wide open. But anyway i keep going back and forth on the 2nd rounder. Safety or DT. I may change to DT. Its some safeties avalable in round 5/6

Daps
Been messing around with FA stuff, let me know what you think.

Restructure Tony Romo or Tyron Smith - Something that gives the Cowboys a little bit of money for FA
Cut Brandon Carr - Saves $9 million if he’s a post July 1st cut, say, $6 mil before that
Sign Nick Perry, DE - Showed promise this season, could be good entering age-26 season
Sign Trumaine Johnson, CB - Best available CB in FA, helps secondary next to Scandrick
Sign Akeem Hicks, DT - lost in 3-4 defense, could be a better 1T in 4-3 and fill that spot

R1 - Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA - Gives them a monster athlete in the linebacking core.
R2 - Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech - Tru/Fuller/Scan at corners, Jones/Church at safety
R3 - Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech - Can catch out the backfield, make plays in space
R4 - Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State - If not going QB in R1, take the best arm.

Other than the Cardale pick, I kinda like this FA. Perry can provide value, but not enough to completely dismiss Gregory getting more snaps in year two. Hicks fills a role I don't think will be there in the draft and Johnson gives them a bigger corner.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

Restructure Tony Romo or Tyron Smith - Something that gives the Cowboys a little bit of money for FA
Cut Brandon Carr - Saves $9 million if he’s a post July 1st cut, say, $6 mil before that
Sign Nick Perry, DE - Showed promise this season, could be good entering age-26 season
Sign Trumaine Johnson, CB - Best available CB in FA, helps secondary next to Scandrick
Sign Akeem Hicks, DT - lost in 3-4 defense, could be a better 1T in 4-3 and fill that spot

R1 - Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA - Gives them a monster athlete in the linebacking core.
R2 - Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech - Tru/Fuller/Scan at corners, Jones/Church at safety
R3 - Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech - Can catch out the backfield, make plays in space

Other than the Cardale pick, I kinda like this FA. Perry can provide value, but not enough to completely dismiss Gregory getting more snaps in year two. Hicks fills a role I don't think will be there in the draft and Johnson gives them a bigger corner.
I like this, but you didnt address the biggest problem on the team. JJ wilcox should not be on this team Next year :ufdup:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Brehs, reading these tweets at the Senior Bowl, im afraid to admit that im almost on the Carson Wentz bandwagon :ld::patrice:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Definitely would like to see defense be a priority whether in FA or the draft. I don't think we need to go QB at 4 unless it's an absolute "can't miss" type.

We definitely need to address the backup qb situation, I'd ideally like a vet "bridge" QB and we draft one in rds 3-5 and have him compete/learn for the future. I like Moore, but maybe a young gun to push him wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Ya'll right tho, defense is the order of the day, I saw those games on Sunday and I truly believe that bolstering that defense gives us a better chance to do better in '16. Offense is fleeting but defense will ALWAYS be the backbone of a strong and solid team. I like the Jack pick, find the money/fit for Hardy and figure out that CB situation. We may lose both Carr and Claiborne (who I'm not down on too much, just think he needs that change of scenery unless he takes a team friendly deal) so DB help is much needed. And i'm telling you, I'd be LIVID if I saw Wilcox back on this team again...LIVID, dude is atrocious

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

Fuller though :mjlol:

just pluggin my Buckeyes :Wewinning:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I cant support Church starting anymore breh. Id replace the 1tech with a FA safety. Id get 2 1 techs in the draft.