Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'm not going to argue with Claiborne sucking ass, because there's not argument to be made. He sucks ass.

But I don't think just cause we take a CB means he's inherently a bust. And the way we are set up, Claiborne is expiring, Carr is on his way out, and if we move Byron out to FS, that's 3 CBs we no longer have on gameday.

We gotta replace that kind of production somewhere... Scandrick is best suited for slot duties. If we do move Jones to FS, we either have brand new guys out wide or we retaining Carr and Claiborne.

Our CB situation is dire. We either keep the bums we have and continue letting everybody rape us, or we bring in new guys. Hargreaves isn't just some dude. I know we've been burned on early DBs (Goodrich, Roy Williams, Claiborne, AOA, Jenkins to an extent) but we hit on Jones last year. Hargreaves fills a need. He's an elite talent. He projects as true CB1.

He ain't no Morris Claiborne. VH3 won't be scoring a 6 on his Wonderlic.

I watch Florida games so I know Hargreaves is really good...

But Florida plays that really aggressive man to man press coverage...we don't...

So unless we change our defensive scheme...I don't want to waste a 1st round pick on a corner where the scheme is going to have him 5 to 7 yards off and backpedaling as soon as the ball is hiked...

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I peeped ya boy getting roasted by Alabama in the championship game breh. I understand he's good but if we take another bust db this franchise won't recover for another decade.

Is he Revis level or nah?
Lol Revis is generational GOAT type of talent. Revis in that tier of Deion and Charles Woodson.

So nah, he ain't that level. But he projects to be a very very good corner. He has fluid hips and is a really intelligent player. Claiborne was beasting at LSU based on athleticism and instincts. VH3 actually understands and plays the game at a high level.

But ya, there's no guarantee he hits. That can be said for any player in any draft tho :manny:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
A lot of you brehs are in for a rude awakening if you think we are gonna let claiborne walk. Stephen already alluded to us re-signing him after the season. Knowing this front office, they will roll with Claiborne, Draft pick, and Scandrick at the Corners and church and Jones at safety

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
A lot of you brehs are in for a rude awakening if you think we are gonna let claiborne walk. Stephen already alluded to us re-signing him after the season. Knowing this front office, they will roll with Claiborne, Draft pick, and Scandrick at the Corners and church and Jones at safety

:scust:

We need to upgrade from Church/Wilcox/Carr/Claiborne/Hayden/ and possibly McClain/Hitchens. They got their work cut out for them

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The way I see it is that Byron looks like he could not just play FS, but excel at it.

He has looked very comfortable and the game looks intuitive to him when he's centerfielding in the back. He did a masterful job on Gronkowski in our Week 4 matchup. That's the hardest task safeties have in today's NFL, covering these ridiculous TEs.

Byron already has been thrown in the fire and has come out looking great in his limited sample size. I don't see the point in doubling down in the same position by drafting Ramsey.

Even if Ramsey is better, I feel that what he does at FS, we could just have Jones do that. So with that, I'd rather take VH3 at CB and move Jones to FS than draft Ramsey and essentially have two great FS. Remember, Jones only played CB for 2 years in college.

Jones is versatile, athletic, and intelligent enough to play either CB or FS. I think he fits better and he's played more of his football career at the FS spot. I think Ramsey is redundant. I'm not saying we NEED to draft Hargreaves. Just that if we take a DB, I'd rather it be a true corner and move Jones to FS than draft a FS and move Jones to CB.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Honestly that's not horrible to me, Claiborne is an idiot so he can't play zone but if we keep him in man he can be a decent number 2.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:

We need to upgrade from Church/Wilcox/Carr/Claiborne/Hayden/ and possibly McClain/Hitchens. They got their work cut out for them

McClain has been showing up again lately, he was out of shape early in the season. Plus we not gonna replace all that many guys that fast.

But as for Wilcox we need to assassinate him

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
McClain has been showing up again lately, he was out of shape early in the season. Plus we not gonna replace all that many guys that fast.

McClain gets hurt every quarter breh.

He might be more fragile than Lee.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Nah he just smokes too mucg, you can tell because he's tired every fukking drive.

I' flinch every time Lee makes a big hit
Legit seems like McClain gets concussed every game. Always taking headshots and that lanky ass neck of his does him no favors.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

I don't even blame Wilcox. A college RB who played one year at Safety for a Divison 1-AA school drafted in the 4th round by the same brain trust that thought it was a good idea to take a flyer on this guy in the 4th round just 2 years prior:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I was just looking at our roster and gawd damn we got so many holes to fill :mjlol:

We might need 3 new linebackers because lee can't stay healthy...

Need new safeties at both positions...or we got to move a corner to safety...

Need probably 3 new corners...

Need at least 1 starting level DT...probably 3 more for depth...

Need a no 2 receiver...

Need a backup QB...

shyt is just

giphy.gif

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Can't believe all you sleeping on Vernon Hargreaves III out of Florida. Boy is a lock down corner.

Most likely going to win the Thorpe award this year. Should be best DB out of this class.

Draft him, hopefully Scandrick comes back healthy, and move Jones to FS. Cut Carr and let Claiborne walk. Sign Berry.

Draft a QB in the 2nd. A RB in the 3rd. WR in the 4th.

Can flip the RB and WR picks for all I care.

Oh, and bring OVO Johnny home :jjumad:

Great minds think alike breh

Feel he wont drop to the cowboys.
Id trade down to get an extra second. Trade to a team in the 10-14 spot who are willing to trade a big haul. Draft a cb in the first and move jones to saftey. a Qb and rb in second. Wr in 3rd. Defense the rest of the way. dts, lbs, everything

Not feelin you with bringin johnny tho. I would like to see what zeke can do behind that line tho

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
We need to use that 1st round pick to either draft a potentially dominant defensive player or either trade down and get some assets. I don't know if it's Bosa or the kid from Ole Miss but we need someone that can get to the QB. Also think we should resign Hardy. He's a headcase but at his best he's getting you 10-15 sacks next year and we can sign him to a low risk high reward type contract. We do need a young QB in the worst way and if one of the cats like Goff and Lynch are available and as good as advertised then fukk it you draft them all day. But I am not sold on either and think we could always find a Connor Cook type in the early to mid 2nd round. Wouldn't mind a running back of the Derrick Henry type if he was available in the 3rd round or so.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I pray Jerry forces Garrett to scrap his playbook and install Linehans. This offenisve scheme is terrible and Now we all see why Romo holds the ball so long.

Also, that meaningless Win vs the Slurs stings now. We would be drafting no lower than #2 (we will lose out). As of now, we are drafting 6th :mjcry: