Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The difference between those two is that Elliott is a better blocker, a better pass catcher, and he makes defenders miss. Henry would be good once he gets in the open field. He just has to get in the open field. Put it this way, I have confidence that Elliott can succeed in 8 to 9 man fronts in the NFL. I have my doubts Henry can succeed in that same situation. But I do get what you're saying.

that's cool, i see what you saying, just think henry will be the better rb in the league...you have doubts about henry against 8/9 fronts? lol...i dont cause that's what he actually faced in college, unlike elliot...everyone knew bama was gonna run the ball, so they stuffed the box, and still couldnt stop him; where as elliot had the benefit of a good passing game....you talk about open field: what do you think henry would have gotten in dallas with a healthy line, romo, and dez?...nothing but open field....

dont get me wrong, i think elliot will be a good player in the league, but at that draft pick, i dont take him when ramsey is sitting right there to fill a need that is more pressing....and when you can draft good rbs later....

...hopefully elliot proves me wrong and does the damn thing...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But say if Jaylon Smith is healthy and makes a full recovery, who would you rather have:

Jaylon Smith and Zeke Elliot
Or
Jalen Ramsey and Derrick Henry
:jbhmmm:

that's a big IF.....if he's fully healthy, i take smith/elliot cause of smith....think he would be a monster fully healthy....but since he not, i'd go with ramsey/henry right now.....

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Well according to CZ, that isn't much of a debate either.
That's because CZ thinks Elliott is an AP type of talent. I obviously don't believe that. Unless he's a transcendent talent then there's a slim chance he gets a 2nd contract here which is a big problem. You should get 8-10 yrs out of a top 5 pick.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
that's cool, i see what you saying, just think henry will be the better rb in the league...you have doubts about henry against 8/9 fronts? lol...i dont cause that's what he actually faced in college, unlike elliot...everyone knew bama was gonna run the ball, so they stuffed the box, and still couldnt stop him; where as elliot had the benefit of a good passing game....you talk about open field: what do you think henry would have gotten in dallas with a healthy line, romo, and dez?...nothing but open field....

dont get me wrong, i think elliot will be a good player in the league, but at that draft pick, i dont take him when ramsey is sitting right there to fill a need that is more pressing....and when you can draft good rbs later....

CBs don't make an impact their rookie year for the most part, there's also a big drop off in talent when it comes to Zeke and the other RBs. Henry has way too many miles on him and he looks way too much like a Brandon Jacobs type back. He also isn't nearly the dynamic player Zeke is, and Zeke opens up the whole playbook for Dallas.
That's because CZ thinks Elliott is an AP type of talent. I obviously don't believe that. Unless he's a transcendent talent then there's a slim chance he gets a 2nd contract here which is a big problem. You should get 8-10 yrs out of a top 5 pick.
How many players have been taken in the top 5 and didn't last the 1st contract? You can't draft for the next 8-10 years, you have to draft for right now when it comes to the Not For Long league.

Last edited:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

Not on every play. There are times where you need to make people miss in the backfield. The Oline will get beat from time to time on running plays and this is where Henry struggled even at Alabama. When met in the backfield or even at the line of scrimmage, you might as well kiss any thought of that play being at least positive goodbye. That's why I said Henry is great when he gets to the open field. He just has to get there. He is your prototypical one cut running back. Alabama actually had a better passing game than Ohio State. Alabama averaged more yards per game and was ranked 67th. Ohio State was ranked 100th.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I think they are saying that because Elliott is bigger and faster than Miller. I don't personally know myself. But we have what we have.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
dem intangibles. :ohlawd:

remember when keith brooking used to try fire us up pre-game. :mjcry:
xef2z2.gif

:wow:

:mjcry:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
CBs don't make an impact their rookie year for the most part, there's also a big drop off in talent when it comes to Zeke and the other RBs. Henry has way too many miles on him and he looks way too much like a Brandon Jacobs type back. He also isn't nearly the dynamic player Zeke is, and Zeke opens up the whole playbook for Dallas.

How many players have been taken in the top 5 and didn't last the 1st contract? You can't draft for the next 8-10 years, you have to draft for right now when it comes to the Not For Long league.
This. You can also say CBs dont make an impact without a good front 7/pass rush.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Cb's can make an impact first year. Last years class was pretty good, Marcus Peters had a great year and improved their secondary instantly
Look at Chiefs front 7 vs ours :jbhmmm:

Didnt he get burned for the most TDs last year too :jbhmmm:

What about Kevin Johnson, Trae Waynes, and Jalen Collins :jbhmmm:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ramsey aint the avg cb....plus, why the hell is it only the first year yall concerned about?..he would fill that spot for the next 5 -10 yrs...and the min he loses a step, he can slid to safety....

a big drop off? lol ok man...although i disagreed with the pick, it's made now, cant change it....i hope he proves me wrong, we'll see...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not on every play. There are times where you need to make people miss in the backfield. The Oline will get beat from time to time on running plays and this is where Henry struggled even at Alabama. When met in the backfield or even at the line of scrimmage, you might as well kiss any thought of that play being at least positive goodbye. That's why I said Henry is great when he gets to the open field. He just has to get there. He is your prototypical one cut running back. Alabama actually had a better passing game than Ohio State. Alabama averaged more yards per game and was ranked 67th. Ohio State was ranked 100th.

i watched a lot of both of them, from what i saw, henry was the better back...as for better passing attack: dont go by yrds per game...it's easy to get yards passing when the team is stacked against the run, which every bama team was....watching both teams, there was no question which team had a better passing attack, and it wasnt bama....

in the end, the pick has been made, cant change it...hope he proves me wrong....