Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
brehs, help me out with the logic of taking a rb at #4:snoop:

so far we have mcfadden, dunbar and a recently signed alfred morris. what sense does it make to draft elliott at 4? i understand he's a good back but is he better than fournette or nick chubb? those are the only 2 backs i would consider taking in the top 5 and they're not draft eligible.

marinelli can kick rocks after this year too. stick to the defense clown. you need all the help you can get:camby:
The answer to our problems was sitting there in Free Agency breh :yeshrug:

I just want to make this clear. I'm not anti-Elliott, I think he's a great talent. I'm against loading up at an already stacked position. McFadden was a top 5 rusher in the league last year (statistically), Dunbar is a nice threat out of the backfield, Morris is a decent back to spell McFadden. Only 2 guys are getting touches in this offense, draft Elliott and what the hell are we doing with all these running backs?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'd prefer a combo like Ramsey in the 1st and then Henry in the 2nd, but then again who knows if Henry will be there in the 2nd. I want to see a dominating RB behind this line, not some budgets we got from other teams.

Conventional wisdom in modern times say you don't draft an RB that high, but we haven't won by following conventional wisdom and trying to fill in our needs. We had one year where we looked like a SB candidate and that was when Murray ran all over teams. If we can get that or better from Elliott, then you make that pick. A dominant RB allows our super simplistic offense to actually be effective. It will free things up for Dez and Terrance Williams when other teams KNOW they have to respect our running game and it will also keep our defense off the field when our RB is extending 3rd downs and is converting at the goal line. We had a ton of red zone problems until that year when Murray was nearly automatic.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Why is Jerruh listening to a nikka that went 0-16. :dwillhuh:
Can a team that hasn't been to the SB in 20 years really judge anyone?:russ:. They're in a great spot to either take an elite player, or trade down for multiple useful picks. I don't want them to trade down just to get picks, some team better make it worth their while.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
I'd prefer a combo like Ramsey in the 1st and then Henry in the 2nd, but then again who knows if Henry will be there in the 2nd. I want to see a dominating RB behind this line, not some budgets we got from other teams.

Conventional wisdom in modern times say you don't draft an RB that high, but we haven't won by following conventional wisdom and trying to fill in our needs. We had one year where we looked like a SB candidate and that was when Murray ran all over teams. If we can get that or better from Elliott, then you make that pick. A dominant RB allows our super simplistic offense to actually be effective. It will free things up for Dez and Terrance Williams when other teams KNOW they have to respect our running game and it will also keep our defense off the field when our RB is extending 3rd downs and is converting at the goal line. We had a ton of red zone problems until that year when Murray was nearly automatic.
I also think derrick henry can be a beast brandon jacobs type runner. The thing with him tho is he has alot of miles sounds crazy to say about a rb out of college but he had alot of carries in al. They had breh carrying it 40 times a game an shyt. I heard breh was getting like 30 40 carries in highschool. Wouldnt be mad at that pick tho in the second. Especially if we take ramsey and play him at s. I want elliot regardless but i aint mad at ramsey or even lynch in a trade down.

Either Elliot and Joseph in the first two, or ramsey and henry id be good with

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
how did 2014 end? you not seeing the bigger picture. Ya'll want to win games, I want to win championships
It ended with a janky call, a fumbling ass nikka that would've had a td if he doesn't get stripped and some more dumb shyt that would've put the game put of reach. That's how it ended and besides that year what fukking success have we had recently esp with the fukking D leading the way? I see the bigger picture just as much as you do. Just cause we don't agree don't mean your see it any bigger

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I honestly rather us draft defense cuz we need it like Ramsey at safety but if we get zeke I ain't gonna be mad cuz I get why
Had a shytty d and was killing teams that year we had murrary
Just draft d rest of the draft with a qb in later rounds