Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Didn't he do that with Wade?

Wades was only two year and only a couple mill (3.5 mill) and also was an extension of his current contract and not a brand new deal like Jason's (Jerry didn't pick up the contract option on Wade's). Plus Garret's is for 5 years. Jerry didn't hAve any issues paying Wade 5 mill for fire
Him. Jerry would have a problem paying garret 30

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Wades was only two year and only a couple mill (3.5 mill) and also was an extension of his current contract and not a brand new deal like Jason's (Jerry didn't pick up the contract option on Wade's). Plus Garret's is for 5 years. Jerry didn't hAve any issues paying Wade 5 mill for fire
Him. Jerry would have a problem paying garret 30
Yeah I saw the difference about five minutes after I posted that but didn't feel like posting the difference. I do think that if Garrett has another 5-11 type season in him, Jerry may not have a choice.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
any position BUT CB or RB in the first round. Time and time again we've seen you can get quality players at those positions on Day 2. The only exception should be when you are staring at a generational talent
I almost knocked me a niggga out today for saying Ezekiel Elliott

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
A true DT or S will put this defense over the top, and outside of a QB this team better not draft offense with the 1st pick.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Do you think Jalen Ramsey is a generational player? But is he worth such a high pick? I think he is.

Could Ramsey play CB or safety in the NFL?
I dont know if he's necessarily a generational talent but I would be ok with him because he projects as a safety. There's a lot of time between now and the draft, word is scouts arent exactly raving about him so I dont think he's a lock as a top 5 pick, not yet anyway.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
No way we draft WR. That would be a horrible pick imo. Our problem is terrible play design and conservative play calling. We have plenty of weapons, we just have morons drawing up all the plays. A baller WR2 isn't going to fix this team.

It'll just be an other unused talent on offense.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
No way we draft WR. That would be a horrible pick imo. Our problem is terrible play design and conservative play calling. We have plenty of weapons, we just have morons drawing up all the plays. A baller WR2 isn't going to fix this team.

:stopitslime:

who are these weapons?

Stone Hands?

Beasley :mjlol:

Butler :ehh:

Witten :patrice:

Escobar :comeon:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW

who are these weapons?

Stone Hands?

:whoa: This is all assuming Romo is playing. When he's playing, Dez, Beasley, Witten, Dunbar/other RB, Escobar, and sometimes TWill are all weapons. That's PLENTY of ammo for Romo to play with.

When Romo is not playing we don't really have a single weapon. Dez or no Dez, the offense sucks.

Again, I don't see how a WR2 helps either situation. Romo's got plenty, and without him it don't matter who lines up.

We let Sterling Moore take our WR1 out of a game. :heh:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

who are these weapons?

Stone Hands?

Some of the talent is suspect but overall I got to agree with Codeine here. The biggest problem is scheme. Think about it, Escobar was drafted here 3 years ago..team spent a 2nd round pick on him. 6'6 Athletic TE, how many times was he featured in our offense? Look how Atlanta uses Julio Jones and compare it to how we use Dez. Look at Lucky Whitehead..home run potential and all we know what to do with him is run him in motion and fake a hand off :mjlol: Give a real offensive coordinator like Hue Jackson an elite offensive line, Dez, Lance Dunbar, Butler, Whitehead, and Escobar and see how creative he would get with that bunch. I could draw up better plays on my dry erase board right now than I've ever seen with Garrett.