Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Somebody gotta sale me on drafting a qb at 4...I'm tryna win NOW
If we are tryna win now, we are going about it the wrong way. What front office takes the approach of being frugal during the free agency period, yet expects rookies to be able to step in right away and make us a contender :francis:

If we really wanted to "win now", we wouldve re-signed hardy and draft zeke at 4

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we are tryna win now, we are going about it the wrong way. What front office takes the approach of being frugal during the free agency period, yet expects rookies to be able to step in right away and make us a contender :francis:

If we really wanted to "win now", we wouldve re-signed hardy and draft zeke at 4
True I mean I still think we might resign hardy

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
This is the problem I have with the "lets trade back" option. If there arent cant miss prospects, what team will be dumb enough to give up picks for these prospects. If STL calls and offers 15 and both 2nd rounders, I consider it only if my scouts are telling me Wentz or Goff wont be franchise QBs
Cause some gms are suckas and would give up a haul of picks just to have a name at QB. You better believe the rams aint trying to pitch a field with case keenum as their QB for the new LA Rams, and from what ive read are willing to give up picks for a qb. Let them hope he turns out to be aaron rodgers. We really aint in a diar need to draft a qb as the number four overall pick. Even if romo goes down we aint winnin shyt with wentz or goff in their first year. Those are qbs who have to sit and learn for a while.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
I don't think the difference between a Superbowl in 2016 or not is going to be our first round pick.

If Romo/Dez and the D are healthy, we can be a contender with the team we have and still have a QB for the future to groom
Plus, rookie QB's can step in and have an impact more than ever in today's pass happy league.

If/When Romo gets hurt again, Goff/Wentz/Lynch could step in and win games even as a rook assuming the rest of the holes on the team get addressed.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@BigE214 Get that Rangers thread poppin breh

:blessed:

Carson Wentz :demonic:
Darvish, Hamels, Holland :wow:

Jack has that look of that humble soft looking dude that is gonna be a problem. Someone mentioned Troy P...might be a stretch but I can see dude causing havoc if you tell him just run and make plays like Troy P use to do

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Cowboys better not draft Elliot at 4. If you drafting Elliot, you better be trading down.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

your cap prevented you from making any free agency splashes