Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I was watching nfl live the other day they think he is only a great Athelete but think 2 other corners are better than him think they were Jackson from Houston and Hargreaves but I could be wrong I just know they had 2 ahead of him

What's ur guys take?
They are better than him at corner. I dont know of you post on CZ, but theres a thread on Ramsey being another Byron Jones with Byron being the better athlete. Why waste a top 5 pick on essentially the same guy we drafted last year :patrice:

Dallas Cowboys Draft: Is This Player Byron Jones 2.0? | Inside The Star Heres the link

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
They are better than him at corner. I dont know of you post on CZ, but theres a thread on Ramsey being another Byron Jones with Byron being the better athlete. Why waste a top 5 pick on essentially the same guy we drafted last year :patrice:

Dallas Cowboys Draft: Is This Player Byron Jones 2.0? | Inside The Star Heres the link
That's my thing about Ramsey as a CB, he might be ok there but Hargreaves is the better prospect at that position. And I'm not really drinking this Byron being a better athlete they're kicking in the article, he doesn't look overtly fast or explosive in pads.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

Because there's more than one receiver on the field.

To have an elite secondary, you need elite players. I'm tired of the Pete Jones, Mario Edwards, Alan Ball, Orlando Scandrick's,....so I'm all for taking Ramsey. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna start praying that Mo turns it around and shows why we moved up to draft him. I think Thornton can be good. So there's two (Lawrence) of a solid front 4. I'm not sold on Crawford. Hopefully we get a DT in the second. We need a defense that can bail our offense out, not one that just holds people and can't get stops when we need them to. Get as many playmakers/game changers on that side of the ball as we can.

Offensive gon be good regardless. Even with the bland/sometimes horrible ass play calling

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Because there's more than one receiver on the field.

To have an elite secondary, you need elite players. I'm tired of the Pete Jones, Mario Edwards, Alan Ball, Orlando Scandrick's,....so I'm all for taking Ramsey. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna start praying that Mo turns it around and shows why we moved up to draft him. I think Thornton can be good. So there's two (Lawrence) of a solid front 4. I'm not sold on Crawford. Hopefully we get a DT in the second. We need a defense that can bail our offense out, not one that just holds people and can't get stops when we need them to. Get as many playmakers/game changers on that side of the ball as we can.

Offensive gon be good regardless. Even with the bland/sometimes horrible ass play calling
I hear u breh. I hate this defense more than anyone. I was one of the few that was blaming this trash defense for our failures in a lot of the games this year. Like @dtownreppin214 said, this secondary has been a mess for the last decade. We do need elite players, but we also need a better pass rush.

Also, imo our safeties are worse than our corners. If you tell me Ramsey will be back there with Byron, then im ok with the pick.

Last edited:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
RE: Ramsey: i think they'll use him like byron jones in training camp by putting him in all of the different defensive back positions to see where he best fits in the system. if he's as advertised as a safety, then it should be a no brainer to put him at one of the safety positions(FS imo)

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I was watching nfl live the other day they think he is only a great Athelete but think 2 other corners are better than him think they were Jackson from Houston and Hargreaves but I could be wrong I just know they had 2 ahead of him

What's ur guys take?
I love this time of year because we can have dialogue like this...Hargreaves is dope but he got abused by Michigan and by Alabama WRs, two years in a row..what Amari Cooper did to him in 2014 was just..:scust:

Ramsey >>

Dez endorsed him a few days ago, and Mo recommended him last night.

If Ramsey is there at 4, I prolly will shed a tear or two.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Ramsey probably won't be available anyways
You're probably right.
I hear u breh. I hate this defense more than anyone. I was one of the few that was blaming this trash defense for our failures in a lot of the games this year. Like @dtownreppin214 said, this secondary has been a mess for the last decade. We do need elite players, but we also need a better pass rush.

Also, imo our safeties are worse than our corners. If you tell me Ramsey will be back there with Byron, than im ok with the pick.

I think our pass rush is an easier fix. Like fukk it. Bring back Hardy, that would temp fix so many issues. You get the DT you want a 34 and you literally got good pass rushers, solid rotation and that'll make everyone look better.

As far as Ramsey, no one knows where he'll fit. You can't say he's better at __ cause we have seen him line up anywhere yet. But just by replacing Wilcox (not Church) that will make everyone better. I don't think Church had one solid season in him, they just started Butt Head next to him and it made his play decline. Anyway, where you line Ramsey up would be an upgrade. If he's gone then go Miles Jack and use him like Troy P.