Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
By moving back, the idea for me would be to fill multiple needs on the defense moving forward. You can argue they have needs on each level of the defense. McClain is back for one year, Carr/Mo/Scandrick is your CB set and you have one good DE at the moment? I'm cool if they stay at 4 and take Ramsey, but if they moved back and added say Darron Lee at 15, William Jackson, Sterling Shepard and Jonathan Bullard with the second rounders, that would be an interesting get.
Nothing wrong with your idea, i just feel like they get too cute with trading down and settling for lesser players.
Ramsey is just as much an unknown product at the next level as any other player in the draft. He could be a patrick peterson but whos to say he isnt a dee milliner
True, But how often are they going to find themselves in this position(hopefully never again) to acquire a blue chip prospect?

Last edited:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Dropped my mock in the spoilers. With Romo/Witten on their way out, and a young core approaching their prime this is going to be the most important draft of the decade. This isn't a draft for sitting on hands, no projects, no special teams players. We need immediate impact and long term starters.

Trades:

Dallas trades Pick #4 to 49ers. We receive No. 7 overall pick and No. 68 overall (5th pick in 3rd round)

Trade Pick #135 & #189 to KC. We receive No. 126 overall pick (4th round)

How to Build a Contender 101

Rd 1 (Pick 7 from SF) - Vernon Hargreaves (CB)
Look I like Ramsey, the case him against him is this. Safeties in Marinelli's scheme are reduced to spectators. I did my homework, Hargreaves is going to be the best corner in this draft, and everything Claiborne was supposed to be. I want a dog with the first pick, this is it.

Rd 2 (Pick 34) - Robert Nmkemdiche (DL)
He's going to slide, the guy's a damn knuckle head but you can't pass on that kind of interior talent. Mix him in with Thorton, Crawford, Irving, and we might have something formidable on the interior of the defensive line.

Rd 3 (Pick 67) - Braxton Miller (WR)
Playmaking WR that can stretch the defense. I would even move up in the 2nd to draft him.

Rd 3 (Pick 68 from SF) - Terrance Smith (LB)
We rued passing on an undersized playmaking LB in Telvin Smith a couple of years ago, let's not make same mistake :beli:

Rd 4 (Pick 101) - Cardale Jones/Dak Prescott (QB)
I listed two here because Cardale would be my pick. This organization doesn't have the cojones to draft him, so there's Prescott..whom they are infatuated with for whatever reason.

Rd 4 (Pick 126 from KC) - Deon Bush (S)
Based on the interest with Weddle, and them being linked to Keanu Neal..they are interested in upgrading one of the safety spots. 4th time is the charm, finally get a real safety and throw him back there next to Jones. This is going to be the steal of the draft at safety

Rd 6 (Pick 212), Rd 6 (Pick 216), Rd 6 (Pick 217) - who the hell cares..if they can't nail those first 6 picks it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Dropped my mock in the spoilers. With Romo/Witten on their way out, and a young core approaching their prime this is going to be the most important draft of the decade. This isn't a draft for sitting on hands, no projects, no special teams players. We need immediate impact and long term starters.

Trades:

Dallas trades Pick #4 to 49ers. We receive No. 7 overall pick and No. 68 overall (5th pick in 3rd round)

Look I like Ramsey, the case him against him is this. Safeties in Marinelli's scheme are reduced to spectators. I did my homework, Hargreaves is going to be the best corner in this draft, and everything Claiborne was supposed to be. I want a dog with the first pick, this is it.

He's going to slide, the guy's a damn knuckle head but you can't pass on that kind of interior talent. Mix him in with Thorton, Crawford, Irving, and we might have something formidable on the interior of the defensive line.

Playmaking WR that can stretch the defense. I would even move up in the 2nd to draft him.

Rd 3 (Pick 68) - Terrance Smith (LB)
We rued passing on an undersized playmaking LB in Telvin Smith a couple of years ago, let's not make same mistake :beli:

I listed two here because Cardale would be my pick. This organization doesn't have the cojones to draft him, so there's Prescott..whom they are infatuated with for whatever reason.

Based on the interest with Weddle, and them being linked to Keanu Neal..they are interested in upgrading one of the safety spots. 4th time is the charm, finally get a real safety and throw him back there next to Jones. This is going to be the steal of the draft at safety

Rd 6 (Pick 212), Rd 6 (Pick 216), Rd 6 (Pick 217) - who the hell cares..if they can't nail those first 6 picks it doesn't matter.
67 and 101 :Bombaye:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

Trades:

Rd 3 (Pick 68) - Terrance Smith (LB)

:ehh: Not bad.

I think we would net more than a 5th for moving to 7 tho :patrice: and if we did move to 7, I wouldnt mind hargreaves, but Zeke would put us in the NFCCG :jawalrus: word to @smitty22

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Trades:

Rd 3 (Pick 68 from SF) - Terrance Smith (LB)

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

:hmm: