Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Terrance saw Marvin jones contract and started studying film asap im sure. Jones isnt much better than him.
I never had a problem with twill. Granted he cant catch with his hands

:skip:

but when dez got that double on him, twill does what he has to do. He has very solid numbers for a number two as well as beasly as a number three. Twill also shows up in the clutchest of moments, and he showed up in the offs when dez didnt.

All that said i would let him ride out his contract and let him go elsewhere. Then probably draft a wr in the 2nd round next year depending on our main needs

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
On second thought...looking at some of these contracts being handed out in free agency...maybe it's best of the boys sit this one out :scust:

Although that Mario Williams contract is VERY reasonable :sadswagboyz:...we definitely could have done that :sadswagboyz:

Giants giving Vernon all that money to get pancaked by the Great Wall of Dallas twice a year...

749.gif

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
did you forget the miami game last year? vernon had smith on skates.

He did...

And we won that game...

And we ran it for around 150 yards...

And Romo threw two touchdowns ...

Tell me...who is the Suh like player the Giants have to eat up double and triple teams so that Vernon can make all these plays?

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Cuz we wanna be cheap at the wrong times
Yea McFadden did fine but what we could of gotten was a stability of a rb for years that would do way more knowing its a vital part of our offense so they better draft a worthy rb in return then
They probably gonna grab one of the RBs next yr....

Cook or Forunette with a star :wow:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
He did...

And we won that game...

And we ran it for around 150 yards...

And Romo threw two touchdowns ...

Tell me...who is the Suh like player the Giants have to eat up double and triple teams so that Vernon can make all these plays?
I hear you but, the Giants offense is elite where the Dolphins suck on offense

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I hear you but, the Giants offense is elite where the Dolphins suck on offense

They are also more prone to lead the league in INT's than the Dolphins...leaving Vernon on the field a lot more without a player the caliber of Suh to suck up 2 and 3 blockers every play for him...

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Some of those holes arent as pressing as others. Im not worried about wr. Unlike Mo I think well get the best T Will and it will actually be pretty good. Qb? Heyyyy. Rb can be fixed in round 4 easily.
Not worried about WR? Dez is coming off a serious foot injury, Twill was MIA without Dez in the lineup, and Cole World was MIA without Dez. Dez literally makes both of them way better than they are.

QB-look at our backup QB situation right now. On top of that, we need someone to groom behind ROMO asap

RB- my point was, we may mess around and not take a RB again this draft

We havent even gotten to the defense yet. We really need 2 new corners but I know they will re-sign Mo. We need a DT and possible 2 DEs (remember Dlaw had back surgery)

So many of our best players had offseason surgery. We cant just assume that they all come back 100% and play at a high level.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pacman back with the bengals. gipson to the jags for cheap.

this is frustrating...someone needs to go to valley ranch and make sure those mfers are awake.
Its still players available. I wouldnt trip yet. I dont get the chris long shyt though. Unless Lawrence back is that fukked up. Im telling yall, trade back and get that boy Shaq Lawson.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not worried about WR? Dez is coming off a serious foot injury, Twill was MIA without Dez in the lineup, and Cole World was MIA without Dez. Dez literally makes both of them way better than they are.

QB-look at our backup QB situation right now. On top of that, we need someone to groom behind ROMO asap

RB- my point was, we may mess around and not take a RB again this draft

We havent even gotten to the defense yet. We really need 2 new corners but I know they will re-sign Mo. We need a DT and possible 2 DEs (remember Dlaw had back surgery)

So many of our best players had offseason surgery. We cant just assume that they all come back 100% and play at a high level.
Dez will be fine. And if he isn't were fukked anyway. Will Fuller isnt saving us if Dez is hakeem nicks status. Neither is Coleman. Im just personally not trippin about wr. Romo makes wrs as do most good qbs

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
QB
RB
WR
DE
DT
CB1
SS
LB

All are holes on our team right now. We cant expect to fill all or even most of these holes in the draft. We had a chance to address the RB position for at least the next two years if we wouldve signed lamar. Now, we go in to the draft with yet another hole on this team. Also, you cant just say rbs can be found in any round of the draft. Different teams have different rankings on these players, so a back we may have a 4th round grade on may be drafted much earlier than that. Also, there is no certainty we even draft a back :snoop:

It's one reason why we should trade back and stock up on draft picks imo

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I lowkey would rather not draft a rb this draft and wait till next year when the stars are coming out. But we pretty have to draft one this yr or ppl will trip

I kinda expect the secondary to be better off the strength that Henderson isn't teaching them anymore. Addition by subtraction

Last edited:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I don't disagree with ur thinking but Henry got a shyt load of miles from college is what got me hesitant more or less I like zeke from Ohio st better cuz has less miles and can block too
But I get where ur coming from
We need a damn rb for the future and focus defense majority of picks
Nah bruh Henry wasn't used heavily till this year. He only has 10 more carries for their careers then Zeke. And Elliott has more receptions so he's actually the one with more mileage on him.