Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'm not big on Henry but at same time if we get another o line I'm gonna be pissed at least draft a d line or CB

To me, the reason we keep being mediocre is we are a reactionary team and we keep trying to emulate what other teams are doing. The one year we had that wasn't mediocre and we looked like legit contenders is when we went with our own formula, which was having an extremely strong run game. They should draft defense in the first, and if Henry is there in the 2nd, they would be sorely mistaken not to draft him and put a legit threat behind that Oline.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I am going to hold out my reservations for off season moves when the off season is over...

But yearh them not seriously going after lamar miller is :yeahok:

Cuz we wanna be cheap at the wrong times
Yea McFadden did fine but what we could of gotten was a stability of a rb for years that would do way more knowing its a vital part of our offense so they better draft a worthy rb in return then

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
To me, the reason we keep being mediocre is we are a reactionary team and we keep trying to emulate what other teams are doing. The one year we had that wasn't mediocre and we looked like legit contenders is when we went with our own formula, which was having an extremely strong run game. They should draft defense in the first, and if Henry is there in the 2nd, they would be sorely mistaken not to draft him and put a legit threat behind that Oline.

I don't disagree with ur thinking but Henry got a shyt load of miles from college is what got me hesitant more or less I like zeke from Ohio st better cuz has less miles and can block too
But I get where ur coming from
We need a damn rb for the future and focus defense majority of picks

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I don't disagree with ur thinking but Henry got a shyt load of miles from college is what got me hesitant more or less I like zeke from Ohio st better cuz has less miles and can block too
But I get where ur coming from
We need a damn rb for the future and focus defense majority of picks
Look for this kid in the later rounds:gladbron:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Miller would have been nice. But I dont know why people crying over this..

I mean Miller was drafted in round 4. So was Devonte Freeman. Hell we got Murray in the 3rd...we could honestly find someone of that caliber in the 3rd or so and they'd look just as good behind our line. It's alot cheaper and we can spend that money elesewhere...I mean you could pay Miller 6m or a pay a rookie 1m and possibly get similar production .We were a top 10 rushing team last year with no passing game.

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Miller would have been nice. But I dont know why people crying over this..

I mean Miller was drafted in round 4. So was Devonte Freeman. Hell we got Murray in the 3rd...we could honestly find someone of that caliber in the 3rd or so and they'd look just as good behind our line. It's alot cheaper and we can spend that money elesewhere...I mean you could pay Miller 6m or a pay a rookie 1m and possibly get similar production .We were a top 10 rushing team last year with no passing game.
I'm upset because he was a guy i wanted, but you're right about finding production in a rookie. The only team that worries me so right now is NYG, if the get Oliver Vernon then they could be real scary. Getting Jenkins gives them a playmaking CB but he isn't a shutdown CB and will give up big plays. The Eagles & Skins don't worry me in the least bit, and i'm so glad they decided to keep Colt.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I don't care about Miller. Was never obsessed with getting him. Honestly I'm tired of big offseason signings that don't pan out. We were the offseason champs last year when we got Hardy. We were the offseason champs when we got Brandon Carr. Let's have a good draft and keep it movin

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I don't care about Miller. Was never obsessed with getting him. Honestly I'm tired of big offseason signings that don't pan out. We were the offseason champs last year when we got Hardy. We were the offseason champs when we got Brandon Carr. Let's have a good draft and keep it movin

It's same as draft we got Claiborne bust as an example

It's same either way u go

It's good to draft right and sign free agents right it doesn't have to be a major player either

As far as Miller goes it's just some of us saw what he could of done behind this line nothing more and we also know we can just draft a rb instead and still be successful

Free agency u don't sit on ur ass when u got holes that need to be filled that the draft doesn't always fix u have to use both to help ur team until u have a stable environment or system in place where u could sit on ur ass and be like Na were good and we are nowhere near that

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Which is why i respect those teams dynasties more than the current ones, at least back then you knew you were getting every teams best players.
4 yrs/26 mill for a 24 yr back with half the mileage of demarco.

i'm sure we were willing to do that contract for demarco last year, why not for miller when he's just as talented but younger and fresher?